come home with me?

"No."

"Keefe, please just come back-"

"No!" Keefe said again. "My answer is no."

Sophie crossed her arms and huffed, and Keefe had to use every bit of his willpower to not tell her that she looked cute when she was angry, almost like a whiny puppy.

Sophie had to stop and think. "Okay, then.... then I'm coming with you." She said. "I'm following you to whatever human city you go to."

Keefe laughed. "No, you're going back home, where it's safe-"

"It's not home!" She shouted, and it echoed through the empty human alley. "It's not home anymore, not without you."

"Stop making this harder than it needs to be."

"I will make it as hard as I possibly can."

Silence

"That's... what she said."

She flushed. "I'm gonna push you off the Hoover Dam."

Keefe smiled (when was the last time he had smiled?). "There's the famous Foster snark! I thought you had gone soft on me!"

"...Are you trying to set yourself up for a 'that's what she said' joke?"

"Maybe."

Sophie ignored him, and instead took a big step forward and wrapped Keefe up in her arms. "Enough jokes, Keefe, please come with me."

A joke popped in the back of Keefe's mind, but he didn't say it. "Okay, I'll come with you."

A sigh drained out of the girl in his arms. "Thank you." Sophie said. "Don't leave again, please, all you do is break our hearts." The 'you break my heart' went unsaid, but not unknown.

"Okay." Keefe said, and he choked on the word a little.

A/N
I'm alive??? Working on a Linhella oneshot so have this tiny sokeefe drabble. Also, I'm gonna change the titles for each chapter, so instead of them being numbers, they're gonna be actual titles.