Hide and Seek

"So, you wanna play hide-and-seek?" Keefe said, quirking an eyebrow.

"I mean, we don't have to," Sophie plucked an eyelash, "but, I thought it'd be fun?"

Keefe's cheeky smile turned into a full blown grin, one that made Sophie's insides turn to mush.

This man will be the death of her.

"Awesome-"

"I'll seek, you hide." Keefe said, his smile somehow growing.

Sophie paused. "...am I going to regret this?"

"....maybe"

She sighed. "Alright, then, close your eyes and count to 10."

"I know how to play hide-and-seek, Foster." Keefe said with a light chuckle, but he still did what Sophie said and put his hands over his eyes before loudly starting his countdown. "10!"

Keefe's loud voice caught her off guard, and she ran out of her bedroom to try and find a hiding spot in the rest of Havenfield.

"9!"

She was weighing her options. The living room was too open, and she didn't feel too comfortable with going into Grady's office. Edaline's office was too crowded but...

"8!"

Bingo, Sophie ran into Jolie's old bedroom newly changed to be the guest bedroom. She slowly closed the door and-

Click

"7!"

She barely heard it over Keefe's voice, but she still took notice of it. Jolie's door never clicked.

"6!"

Sophie carefully brought her hand up to the door and tried to open it. It was locked. She cursed herself and slowly hit her head on the door. How could she forget? Grady had tried changing the locks and royally messed up. And now she was stuck!

"5!"

Does she even have to hide still?

"4!"

She slowly backed away from the door and stood at the end of the room.

"3! 2! 1! I'm gonna find you!"

She was hoping he would, being trapped alone was not Sophie's idea of a fun time.

Sophie heard Keefe shuffling around the hallways, but she didn't hear him open any doors. The footsteps got closer, and the door infront of her opened.

"Wait, don't close it-"

Just as Sophie shouted, Keefe had shut the door and a soft click was heard. Keefe's mouth made an 'O' shape as he heard her words. "Uh, why?"

"Because," she started, "Grady messed with the locks and now it locks automatically."

He frowned. "Then, why'd you come in and close the door? Oh, wait," Keefe smirked, "if you wanted to get me alone in the locked room, you could've just asked."

Sophie was actually going to kill him.

"I forgot!" Sophie's face was coated in a blush as she shouted. "It's not like I'd try to get you alone in a locked room."

Keefe walked closer to her. " I don't know, it sounds like our Mysterious Miss F has a crush!" He cackled. "Of course, I can't blame you, I'm just that amazing."

Sophie was staring directly at the floor, completely unmoving and not responding.

"Aww, Foster, I'm only teasing." He took her hand and interlaced their fingers. The hand-holding combined with the sickly sweet tone made Sophie want to kiss him on the spot but also kill him? Ugh, feelings suck.