i learnt a song on guitar bc i'm in love with u

I had played until my fingers bled, and now, the next day at school, I could barely pick anything up. Though, it probably wouldn't be the last time I would play my guitar until 3:30 am.

I had picked up a guitar last summer, I had discovered the human instrument when Foster had showed me human music. Her smile always grew when she listened to a guitar, and while she focused on the music, all I could focus on was how she would close her eyes as she grinned.

It had been 7 months since then, and progress had been fast. So fast, in fact, that my fingers had gone numb a while ago.

Opening my locker was a bit of a challenge, too. Currently, Ro has just punched my locker open.

"Keefe?"

That familiar voice made my heart do spins, I whip my head around and see Foster standing there in her beautiful glory. The light in the Foxfire halls highlighted the golden flecks that shine in her eyes. Good ol' gigantor was standing behind her.

"Hey, Lady Fos-boss!" I smile and wave." You're looking beautiful today."

She barely had enough time to go red before she saw how heavily bandaged my hand was, her face morphed from a kind smile to a horrifed expression.

"Oh, my god, Keefe!" She ran up and grabbed my hand, I could feel the heaps of worry flying off of her along with a mix of something else that I couldn't quite place. "What happened?"

"Oh, it's nothing." I chuckle, trying to pull my hand away, but she has a death grip on it.

"Did... did your dad do this?" Her voice grew quiet." I swear I'll kill him-"

"Whoa, whoa, calm down! He didn't do anything!" I say and take a quick look at my hand. "I was working on a surprise.... for you..."

"A suprise? For me?" She frowned. "Really?"

"Uh, yeah..."

"What were you even doing?" She said, scrunching up her eyebrows. "How did you manage that?"

"It's a suprise, Foster." I say with my classic grin.

"If it'll hurt you this much, maybe I don't want it." She squeezed my hand, her words were coated in a sickly sweet tone, one that made me weak in the knees. She looked up and me and stared into my eyes with laser focus. "I'm going to your house afterschool to make sure you don't do this again."

"Inviting yourself over? A little rude, don't you think?"

"Hey!" She dropped my hand and crossed her arms. "No ifs, no buts, and no coconuts!"

"What...." My mouth morphs into a grin. "What are you saying?"

Her cheeks flush. "Uh.. human expression?"

"So," I smile, " it's a date."

"I..." her face somehow got redder, "sure, fine, whatever. I'll change and head to your house."

I was about to say something, but the bell interrupted me. I smile and hold out my arm. "May I walk you to class?"

She links arms with me, biting her lip to try and hide a smile. "I think you're just doing this to skip class."

"Hmmm, maybe."

She laughs, and for once, it feels like everything is right with the world.

It doesn't take us long, when we arrive, I almost don't want to let go. She lets go of my arm and turns to me. "See you afterschool." She kisses my cheek and walks inside her class. Sandor immediately steps infront of the door to block it.