Youth

Omg Sk8 the Infinity and Sasaki and Miyano are my life force right now, they're so amazing.

Gon POV:

"Good morning honey," says Mito-san as I walk into the kitchen in the morning.

"Morning Aunt Mito," I say.

I grab a bowl and pour some cereal, sitting in the chair next to grandma's at the kitchen table.

"Good morning Gon," says Grandma.

She reaches out to pat my head, a loving smile on her face.

I smile back.

"Good morning Grandma,"

I smile at my family around me.

I wonder what they've been up to while I've been leaving the house every day.

I think about my summer life with Killua, realizing how much my family now doesn't know about me. The secrets I keep.

I'll have to tell them eventually.

But at the same time, I'm sure there's things I don't know about them too, now that I leave a lot.

My smile turns a little sad.

But, I can't just turn my back on Killua. He needs me more than they do.

Speaking of Killua, I better remember to bring the salve again today. His wounds are not healed yet, but I think the salve has been helping. They've been looking better. I think they will leave scars.

I grimace just thinking about it. How could anyone, let alone his own father, do that to him?

I won't let it happen again.

My family will be ok, and I still see them all the time. Killua needs me.

I put my bowl in the sink.

"I'm going out!" I say.

Am I being selfish?

Well, best not think about that now.

"Wait Gon," says Mito-san.

I turn around.

"Yea Aunt Mito?" I ask.

"I'm sorry honey, but I need to go to work and I forgot that grandma needs to pick up her prescription at the drug store. I won't be able to take her today, but she needs to get it and I don't want her going alone. Do you think you could accompany her?" she asks, "It would be a huge help."

I just smile. Of course I can do this for Mito-san and Grandma.

Grandma speaks up first.

"Just let the boy go Mito, I can go by myself,"

"No Grandma, let me go with you," I say.

"Are you sure?" she asks.

I just nod and smile.

"Of course!"

"Ok thank you Gon that's quite helpful," she says.

"No problem!" I say.

"Yes thank you Gon, I have to go now, but I called you two an Uber that should be here in fifteen minutes. Be careful ok? I don't like that I'm sending you in an Uber by yourselves, but it can't be helped... And if anything happens call me and I will drop everything-"

I cut her off.

"We'll be fine Mito-san,"

She looks worried.