-Chapter 1-

PRESENT

"Run" a guy in a red glistening armor was screaming at me. He had long black hair reaching his shoulders and falling behind his head.

He was equipped with weapons including swords and guns. The front of his red armor bore a seal.

He held a gun in his right hand firing shots at the men chasing behind me. He tucked the gun in a pocket attached to his waist.

My chances of survivial were very slim. I didn't have the time to go over them so I placed blind trust in the guy in the red armor.

I guess he had proved he was on my side by shooting my attackers

Picking up my sore body from the cold ground was a daunting task. Groaning in severe pain, I had a feeling my body was going to fall apart as i was limping towards him.

He stood, staring at me with a condescending gaze, the irritation showing clearly on his face. His face held expectations for me but I guess he didn't understand I wasn't in the best of situations

I got closer to him and he grabbed me and pulled me towards him.

He had his right arm around my waist to keep me from falling. He then pushed a blue button on the sleeve of his left arm which slid up a thin sheet of metal, revealing a panel with many smaller buttons .

He hit a glowing blue button which was accompanied by a loud deafening sound, I closed my eyes tightly trying to shut the noise out and felt my body become lighter and traveling at an incredible speed.

The strange feeling was short lived as I fell onto a hard surface and opened my eyes to find myself on a cold, metal floor in a large, empty room .

The floor was chilling to the bone and it made me shiver.

I rose my head to see a very wide floor to ceiling large window through which little moonlight penetrated and illuminated the room.

My vision already began getting blurry when I noticed what looked like a man facing the window and staring completely lost into the world outside, his back was straight with his hands locked firmly behind them.

He stood with his legs apart and his head upright assuming a very firm stance. I groaned in pain from my sore body and the bullet wound I sustained in my leg.

I was lying in a red sticky liquid, my own blood. It seemed my constant groans caused the man to tilt his head slightly towards me, the moonlight revealing a scar on the right side of his face.

It ran from his forehead to his chin and was blood red. It was the kind someone would obtain in a sword fight.

It struck fear into me combined with the sinister smile on his face, both sent shivers down my spine.

I kept my eyes locked on him as he turned and began to walk towards me. His boots seemed to have some metal attached beneath it as it made a loud clank with the cold metal floors.

He squatted to my level and I saw a seal on the chest of his blue armored suit.

I opened my eyes wide in realization that it was the same seal on the front of the sweaters worn by the men chasing me.

He stared at my weak and vulnerable body for some time before finally picking my face up from my chin in a firm grip. I let out a shriek as he twisted it left and right as if examining something.

I was beginning to feel dizzy and I knew me going unconscious was inevitable due to my rapid blood loss. Before the darkness engulfed me, the man asked "where is the book?".

****************
Kindly vote and comment.

Recommend this book

Feedbacks are highly welcome and would be appreciated.

Thanks