-Chapter 2-

7 HOURS AGO.

It was going to be another lonely walk to school since my sister Diana was sick. I grabbed my hoody and backpack and left the house a little earlier since I didn't have to wait for her.

I took the usual route through a monastery a few blocks away, from where it's a 5 minute walk to school. It was cold this morning and i put on my hoody just as I was approaching the monastery.

My attention was drawn to an open window in the building where I saw a monk being grabbed and tussled back and forth by 2 men in Grey sweaters.

There were loud noises of things getting thrown and scattered all over the place in an attempt to find something.

I thought about calling 911 as i stood a few feet away from the window but shrugged the idea and watched closely still trying to figure out what was going on.

The monk kept saying the words "I do not have it" and " I don't know what you're talking about" repeatedly but it seemed the men weren't buying it. In a flash move, one of the men pulled out a gun and shoved the butt of the gun into the monk's right temple.

He let out a cry and began speaking rapidly in a foreign language, I couldn't make sense of what he was saying. One of the men picked him up by his shirt and asked," where is it?".

He ran to a corner in the room and I couldn't see him. I heard shuffling of items and the man jolted back to the window avoiding the 2 men and attempted to jump from the window with a book in his left hand.

I watched in awe as his eyes locked with mine and I saw what seemed like fear mixed with hope in his eyes. He let go of the book and flinched forwards just as I heard the sound of the gun being fired.

A hole opened up in his forehead and blood rushed out as the book and his body fell 2 stories to the ground. He landed with a thud and i quickly rushed and knelt beside the monk, shaking him as i checked for any signs of life.

He placed the book in my hands and muttered to me, coughing up blood as he said "Run!, it is time". "It is time", what did he mean by that? I saw the life leave his body and I stood up looking at him with the book in my right hand.

I backed up a few steps from the horrific sight, then came the two men from the front door charging towards me. I began running as fast as I could. They yelled "Hey you! Stop".

I moved faster in the direction of my school, looking back to take a few glances at the two men chasing me, they weren't moving as fast as I was and I knew I had an advantage, i was much faster than them.

I would get to my school if i kept running straight but I couldn't lead them there. I began hearing footsteps closing in on me, one of the two men was an arms reach from grabbing me when I looked back. I took a left and ran into a fence made of twisted wires with a hole in it big enough to squeeze myself through.

I knew the men wouldn't fit so i ran into it squeezing my self through the hole but felt resistance on my back. One of the men had a firm hold on the head part of my hoody and was pulling me back. I quickly tossed the book and my backpack forward into hole and wrestled out of my loose hoody leaving it in his hands.

I dived into the hole and fell on the other side of the fenced gate. I picked myself up, ignoring the pain.

I then hurried over and picked up the book and backpack and swung it over my right shoulder and kept running.

I took my next right which set me back on my route to school. I decided to look back to see if they were still after me but I saw that I had lost them.

I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the school building. I stopped running but quickened my pace into the building looking behind me for any sign of them.

I stepped into my first class dirty and out of breath. I took a seat in the front row and ignored all the eyes on me.

***************

Kindly vote and post comments

Feedbacks are welcome and would be highly appreciated

Thanks.