-Chapter 4-

**********
So these quotes are going to be a  regular thing in every chapter from now on. Enjoy!

“Peace comes from within. Do not seek
it without.”
― Gautama Buddha

**********
PRESENT

"Yes sir!, vitals are stable".

"Thanks doc, what else?"

"Bullet wound to the left leg"

I was being returned to the world from the darkness that stole me.  My eyes were still closed but I was listening to a conversation between two men.

One of them seemed to be the doctor but I hadn't identified the other.

I had no idea where I was, what's happened to me in the last few hours but I needed answers.

I opened eyes slowly taking in my surroundings.

I was lying on a bed in a small room, a makeshift infirmary. The bed was in the middle of the room, windows on either side providing sufficient lighting.

I remembered the guy in the blue armor and the cold room with little light I was before I went unconscious.

It made my head hurt, the images were haunting me, every single detail I still had them in memory. There weren't any light bulbs in that room too, a window instead

A quick swing of my head to the right to find out more about my location enabled me to stumble upon the two men I had heard conversing.

My vision was a bit blurry but it was clearing up as I was taking in my surroundings.

I identified the doctor, then i slowly  sprung up to a sitting position when I identified the other man, it was the guy in the red armored suit.

My change in position caused the bed to squeak drawing their attention towards me. Both men turned their body in sync towards me.

" He appears to be awake sir", the doctor, a bald, short man of small stature wearing glasses said to the guy in the red armored suit.

"I see that, Dr Sparks", his voice loud, sharp, clear and commanding.

"My apologies sir, it was quite obvious" the doctor said as he chuckled.

They stared at me awkwardly for a while before i cleared my throat for them to say something to me or at least acknowledge my presence.

I was confused and needed answers.

"Where's this place?", I managed to say.

My throat was parched from dehydration and  i was just recovering from the large dose of morphine they must have been passing into me to relieve me of pain.

"Well Soldier, welcome to Japan", Dr Sparks said

"Japan!? what am I doing here?, how did I get here?".

The guy in the red armored suit cut in, not even looking my way and said " The Guild will answer all your questions".

"You have a meeting with them in 10, Dr, suit him up, we don't want him looking like this" He said as he turned and moved towards the door.

I took a look at my jeans, it was ripped and stained in blood, my shirt was also dirty and stained.

I moved my gaze over to the floor and there it lay, my hoody next to my backpack. My face lit up when I saw it.

I kept mute, the morphine still traveling around my body wasn't allowing me to ask further questions.

I was already feeling weak but looking forward to meeting "The Guild".

"Thanks for saving me back there" I said just as he was about to leave.

He stopped  in his tracks, spun around  and said "The pleasure's all mine Soldier".

He turned and walked out of the room.

"Soldier", why do they call me that?, I thought to myself

Dr sparks picked up a card next to my bed and scribbled something on it.

"This way please"

Dr Sparks helped get me off the bed, the pain in my left leg from the bullet wound shot through my whole body once it made contact with the floor.

I picked up my hoody and my backpack ignoring the pain.

We made our way out of the room and moved down a hallway that seemed to go on forever. It was dark and cold as usual, I seemed to be the only one affected.

Probably cause of the clothes I'm wearing I thought.

We finally made our way into a room, it was a dressing room, I limped free from Dr Sparks and fell onto a chair and sighed from exhaustion.

There were literally clothes everywhere, ranging from different colors of armor to cloaks even shoes and boots.

Dr Sparks moved into the maze of clothes and came back after a while with an armor similar to the red one the guy who saved me wore except it was black.

**********
Story is taking shape, update in a few hours

Thanks for reading
Kindly vote and comments
Recommend this book

Thanks.