Happy Birthday

It was a quiet night at South Park. Bars were empty as the day was meant to commemorate a national tragedy, and who would drink to that? However, one bar housed a boy that night. He sighed, slouched over the bar table holding a drink. He has seen Stan drink this kind of stuff all the time but he never understood why, until now. He picked up his drink, a scotch on the rocks, and took a long swig. He had gone through 4 drinks already and showed no sign of stopping. Already halfway through his cold drink, stammering nonsense to himself. At this point the bartender doesn't have to ask, he just fixes the boy another drink. Soon the door opens, and a tall blond boy sits down, in a more chipper mood. The blond boy orders a good ol beer, the bartender nods his head and fixes him a drink. The boy finally looks around his surroundings, noticing the other person beside him.

"Butters?"

Kenny looked at his old classmate in astonishment, "Last time I saw you was graduation!" Butters sips his drink, pretending Kenny isn't there. Kenny frowns but then glances towards his drink, "Aren't you..." He shifts to a whisper, "Aren't you too young to drink?"

Butters gives him a pitiful chuckle, "Yeah like anyone cares, besides you're underage too

Butters gives him a pitiful chuckle, "Yeah like anyone cares, besides you're underage too." Kenny could only agree. He soon began to fidget as the bar remained silent. He can't stand the awkwardness, he wanted to leave but it didn't feel right. He looks at the glass of scotch in Butters hand, "Scotch for Stotch?" Kenny laughs trying to lighten the mood. Butters just hums and concentrates on his drink. The bartender finally sets down Kenny's beer.

"I know today marks a tragedy but I didn't expect you to be so upset about it." Kenny sips his beer.

"Yeah... Tragedy, guess you could call my birthday that." Butters muttered. Kenny chokes on his beer, completely forgetting it's Butters birthday. He coughs as he waves his hand defensively, "I didn't mean it like that!" He collects himself and smiles towards Butters, "Happy Birthday pal." He goes to pat his back but instantly pulls back when he feels a light shock. He rubs his hand and looks towards the boy, he secretly hoped Butters was just being overly dramatic about people forgetting his birthday. His annoyed expression said otherwise.

Kenny just groans and drinks from his beer, "Well mind telling me what's so tragic about today?" The bartender gives Kenny an odd look, "It's his birthday! Of course I know about the other thing!"

Butters finally speaks, "I have nowhere to go."

Kenny stares at him, unsure what he means, "w-what?"

Butters grits his teeth, "I got nowhere to go Ken.''

Kenny gives him an uneasy smile, "Well sure you do, I mean your parents won't be too happy with you doing... this... but it's your 18th birthday right? You're outside, they can't ground you! You're a big boy now Stotch." He smiles hoping that calmed him down, little did he know he just broke him. Butters turned into a sobbing mess, clutching his glass of scotch, "They don't want me!" Kenny only stared dumbfounded. Butters takes a deep breath "M-my parents... they kicked me out."