Chapter 21

17 January 2014

Every day here is more pleasant, it is nothing compared to the previous institution, the school is more interesting and more dynamic, even the food is better, the only bad thing is that we have to live with those who have severe disabilities, I do not say this in the sense of offense, rather it is because of the situations that arise, yesterday I had to see how a boy did his needs in front of us, we could not leave the classroom so we had to endure the smell for a while; if I have children it will be a good anecdote.

In the beginning I only talked to Fanny, but to my small group a girl of color joined, I think I had already mentioned her, her name is Angel, both her parents were burned to death by a terrorist group in Nigeria, her mother was from Chicago, so they brought her here, the story of why she ended up in a psychiatric institution is another subject.

-Then a new girl is coming.

-That's great news," says Fanny, if I'm sarcastic she's worse.

Angel told us that a while ago and he does not stop insisting on the subject, apparently in the institution, this kind of news is something to talk about, I am not even a little bit interested in it, therefore, I do not share the joy.

-By the way, Michael, thank you for the books, even though I still can't read Braille," says Fanny.

-If you want, I can ask my father to get you a teacher.

-No way you're going to do that," my two friends say at the same time; it's no secret that I have rich parents, so they don't avoid questions like: Why is Michael still here? The only ones who know my reasons are Fanny and Angel; as if it wasn't enough I've made many donations of very expensive things, seeing that my parents keep insisting on who buys more.

-It wouldn't be a big deal, you know....

-My answer is a resounding "NO" -I take a deep breath, I massage the back of my neck with my fingertips, since yesterday it's hurting me a lot, I blame the hard beds, one of the shortcomings I find in the institution is this lack of comfort.

-You know it wouldn't be too much trouble for me, besides, for my birthday I don't know what my parents have in mind, and.... -I almost said that I should continue with this farce until I find another solution, since my letter didn't reach Justin, or maybe he doesn't want to get involved in the matter.

-Y... -Angel urges me.

-I want to share my birthday with you." It's not exactly the truth, but it's not entirely a lie either.

-You're sweet," Fanny teases me and tries to grab my lips, but I dodge her.

-Who's the prettiest girl in the world? -I take advantage of my advantage and grab her cheeks, Angel enjoys watching us tease her while she braids her hair.

-It's funny to see how annoyed she gets, as she pouts, being so short she gives you the feeling that you don't want to get away from her, it's like she inspires confidence and courage: two very important things when you love someone.

-I pout at her, but she doesn't even notice it; that's a trait I admire in Angel, he boasts about his maturity and acts according to his age, although it's as it should be since he's 3 years older than me.

-Come on Angel, aren't you having fun? -I ask her while Fanny is fixing her hair, I'm amazed by the skill with which she does it, it's amazing the people who can't see and how they develop their other senses.

-They look like a version of Romeo and Juliet, but in a modern version and crazy friends.

-Where did you get the title? -I ask a rhetorical question.