Chapter 1

Arthit Buosong played by Drake LaedekeLuna Yamamoto played by Arden ChoFelix Rodriguez played by Jordan Fisher

Luna Yamamoto played by Arden Cho
Felix Rodriguez played by Jordan Fisher

~Arthit's POV~

The Power Rangers series was my favorite to watch on TV while I was growing up. I always remember waking up as a kid, before school started, to watch it while I was eating breakfast or putting on my clothes. If my mom didn't see me, she knew I was sick because I never miss an episode. Especially, new ones. Reruns were great too. Reciting lines before the team obliterates the monster always gave me chills.

Growing up I wanted to be a real Power Ranger so bad that I actually believed that was going to be my career as an adult. The thought of Morphing into the suit while getting to use all the weapons gave me chills as a kid. Learning how to fight was something I was interested in as well. At least I would be able to protect myself if someone were to rob me. My dreams were shattered quickly at the age of 11.

Despite all that, I still caught up to date with the all the seasons. My summer going into my freshmen year of High School I had a Power Rangers marathon all by myself. Mom did watch a few episodes with me, so I wasn't completely alone. Literally, I watched from Mighty Morphin all the way to Dino Fury. Netflix came in clutch for all my binging pleasures.

Saying all this I never thought in a million years that my childhood dream would become a reality. I, Arthit Buosong, became a Power Ranger like the ones on the TV screen. My life became a lot more exciting.

***

Today marks my 6th time starting my first day of school within a year, I move a lot. Now I have to get used to a new set of teachers, jocks that are most likely jerks, populars who think their top shit, & new friends that I shouldn't get too attached to. I like meeting new people, but it's sad that I don't get to stay in a place long enough to know more about them. With that being said, you could already guess that my dad's job requires us to move frequently because he's wanted at every excavation site.

Sometimes I wonder why he puts me through school at this point. There are some points I understand to an extent & the rest I have no freaking clue. I'm not one to disobey my dad's wishes when he's doing what he loves & is providing for me though. It's just dad & I at the moment ever since the split with my mom.

Yes, my dad is the famously new paleontologist. He discovered this rare gem in one of the fossil head's he was trying to dig up. Dad found it by accident. It's supposedly an ancient artifact & the origins are still unknown. I'm really proud that he's getting the recognition he deserves, but it's also affecting me & not in the way that you think. I want to settle down to finish up my High School career. Dad promised this time, I'll make it to graduation. I'm in my junior year now so I have 2 years here on Maui.