Chapter 8.5

~Felix's POV~

*After Felix Left Arthit*

I kept walking wherever my feet took me, I had no plans on going home soon. My mom wasn't going to be home until around 3 in the morning anyways. I've had to take care of myself since my dad passed away at the age of 5 because there's these business parties that my mom goes to every week. I practically raised myself since my mom was never around. It gets lonely around the house & all I want is to have some quality time with her. The amount of times I've asked her is too much to keep track of. I'm about to give up at this point. "Fuck..." I took a breath out when I was walking up a hall on the perimeter of KCC Park.

I did stop for a moment to look up at the stars to see several shooting stars. It reminds me of last night when Arthit & I were talking right outside boy's cabin after our win against the Malicious Rangers. My body was still aching from that battle, they were tough alright. "Felix, get in the truck. I'll take you you home." There was a familiar truck that pulled up next to me. I knew right away it was Ikaika without looking at the driver, he still has the same shaka sticker on his car door from when we dated.

He should've taken it off.

I scoffed at him. "Fuck off, I'll get home on my own. Thanks." I shook my head as I walked away from him & he followed at the same speed in his truck. Like I told him at the beach, there's nothing to be said anymore so I have no reason to keep conversations going with him. "You live 20 minutes away from the school. Even you know that's too far for you to walk at this hour." Ikaika pressed a button to unlock his car door causing me to hesitate whether or not I should go with him. Although he did make a valid point. Fuck, he knows me too well. "Fine, just remember that I didn't ask you to take me." I naturally put my duffel bag in the back seat & he noticed. It was a thing I did way back when.

"I saw your mom leave without you, I'm surprised you didn't have the new kid take you home." Ikaika said when he started to drive off towards my house. I didn't answer him, I literally saw the trophy & medal sitting in his back seat. "Are you upset with your mom? Or him? Both?" I scoffed then I turned my head to look out the window of the houses passing by. That's one of the things I liked about Ikaika, I sometimes didn't have to say anything for him to know the exact reason about why I'm upset. "Your mom situation is old news so what's bothering you with your new friend. The both of you were buddy buddy this weekend, what happened?" All I could think about was Arthit giving the trophy to Ikaika, it honestly should've went to me.

"Why? You don't care about him."

"I don't, but I still care about you & I want to know what I can do to help-OW!" My fist came in contact with his one arm that was on his steering wheel. He doesn't deserve to say that so comfortably. If Ikaika really cared about me, he wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place. My fingers clenched into a fist. "Why did Arthit give you the trophy? He knew how much I hate you & knew how badly I wanted it." I didn't mean to lash out like that, I don't know why I did. Ikaika took a quick glance at me while he came to a red light. "How would he know that? The both of you just met. You're telling me you told a complete stranger your entire life story?" Fuck! He's right again. We dated for far too long.

"If you wanna know that badly, Art gave me the trophy because he didn't think he deserved it so he gave it to someone who he thought did. He just had to enroll this year & ruin my plans. I just wanted my parents to give me the recognition of my achievements, I thought this was finally gonna be that year. I was given this trophy, but now it doesn't feel like I deserve it. It doesn't feel like what I imagined it would be like. It really sucks."

Is there anything to properly say someone says something like that? I'm not good at words & I can't fall for his tricks again if this was one. "Why do you want the trophy?" There's only one person I could think of when it comes to winning it for someone we really care about, for me, it's my mom. Ikaika probably already knows, he wants me to say it out loud. "Most only children break the rules & shit just to get an ounce of attention from their parents, but I've been trying to become an overachiever." I slowly took a deep breath in & out as I looked straight ahead of the familiar road, I was almost home.

"You think by becoming an overachiever, you'd hope your mom would be proud of you because you want to be seen." Ikaika leans his head fully back against the chair while he drove before sighing. That sounded a little familiar. "Your situation isn't all that different from mine. The both of us want to make our parents proud even if they forget we have basic needs as their children." Ikaika pulls his gearshift into park when he stops right in front of my house, I could hear his soft breathing. It looks like no one lives there. "Why're you doing this?" Even if it's almost pitch black, I could see him lazily turning his head towards me. There was only one lamppost in this area.

"No matter what you think of me, you're still one of the people I care about the most. We're the only one's born into our family. If we can't get through our shit by ourselves, why can't we do this together. Strength in numbers, right? That's what I'm told."

"Because I want nothing to do with you!" I was aggressive with my words & I'm not going to apologize for it. Ikaika can't take a hint. "What's it gonna take for you to get that through your head? I couldn't care less what you think of me because at the end of the day, you mean nothing to me. Beasides, you don't need me when you've got your stupid Golden Trio." The look of dismay on his face was the cue for me to leave the truck. I didn't want to be in there longer than I needed to be, good riddance.

I reached over to the back seat to grab my duffel bag before Ikaika could say anything else to me. "Wait..." He grabbed me arm. I yanked my arm back without hesitation. "You can't be serious, Felix. Felix! Come on!" Ikaika kept trying to call me back as I made my way into the house. That should get through to him.