𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𝐸𝓅𝒾𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

She pulled back to take a better look at him. He was wearing a white T-Shirt that both contrasted against his warm skin and hugged his body too tightly, and khaki pants a few inches too short, looking more like capris on him. Shoes were several sizes too small, too, and she could not help but notice how often he shifted from hip to hip while she held him, obviously uncomfortable with the tightness of footwear.

All this told her is that she was going to have to buy him clothes that were, one, seasonally appropriate, and two, most likely custom-made, based on the size of him. She did not mind in the slightest. wait to dress him up and make him comfortable.

"Where did you get these clothes," she giggled, letting her hand smooth over the plains of his stomach.

"I found them," he said simply. "They fit quite strangely."

"I bet they do. They're way too small for you. Aren't you cold?"

"Not to worry, my Queen. I run quite warm, usually."

"Well," she smiled, pulling him inside the apartment by the hand to retrieve her items, "We'll still find you some better things to wear, hmm?"

Lycros hummed, squeezing her hand.

She led him over the glass and to the bedroom, grabbing the bag of unfinished packing.

"Can I help?" he asked softly, kneeling down beside her. His hand spread out on her back took up the entire space, and she felt so safe beneath that palm, much like how he must have felt in her palm.

When he was a fish.

There was still a lot to discuss, but she knew that he would tell her in due time. She would not fully forget that this man beside her, this absolutely devastatingly handsome man, was a fish when they met.

"I'm almost done, but..." She looked around. "Well, now that you're here, would you like to grab some books, if the people outside say it's okay?"

His eye lit up like a kid receiving gifts. "Are you okay if I leave you for a moment?" he asks quietly.

Lauren nods, simpering softly.

But suddenly felt a wave of warm emotion come over her, not only at his excitement but also at his question. He was so caring, so kind. A flash of panic briefly ripped through her as she thought back to how Jesse was when they met. He, too, had been attentive and kind. But there had been other red flags Jesse had that Lycros did not, things she could only see now when she was not blinded by fear. Getting angry over small inconveniences, backhanded compliments, calling every one of his exes bitches. There had been signs.

But not with Lycros.

She leaned back to watch the giant man in her apartment politely ask if he could take some of the books on the bookshelf, observing as he smiled minutely when given the clearance and grinning further when he could finally turn the books over in scarred hands. was so exuberant, tracing his fingers over the titles and mouthing out the names to himself.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach, seeing how the books were dwarfed in his massive palms, seeing the pure joy written on his face as he loaded up book after book under his arms.

Her hand clutched her chest, trying to ease her pulse. The conditioned feeling of guilt almost made her rethink the sweet, lovely feelings welling up inside her. After five years on the run from an abusive ex-husband, she could finally start to feel something for someone else, even after watching as that someone else ate her ex-husband.

Lycros was polite, asked for consent for things constantly, and genuinely enjoyed her presence. And she reciprocated that to the best of her ability because she liked being around him.