1.1 Lover Boy (HSM 3)

*Note : There will be profanity and language in the following multi-shots, just be warned and hopefully you won't mind it cause I'm trying to make it as real as it could be*

Year 2008
East High School

The white colored halls of East High School couldn't have looked more festive as students walked around conversing and laughing whilst pacing their steps up to reach the cafeteria.

There was this lingering air of excitement in the air as the date for one of the most awaited basketball games of the year came nearer and nearer.

The students all hushed on and about as they were all sure that they would yet again take the championships.

This would be a game against their main rivals, the West High Knights. To call it the 'game of the century' would be an overstatement. But it sure did feel like it was considering the games against West High were always somehwhat tensed and filled with adrenaline.

But this one was more special since it would also be one of the last games for the senior members of the varsity team.

Troy, Chad, Zeke, Jason and their other friends had tried their best to savor each moment as they had came to an understanding that these few moments would be their final days in the Wildcat uniform. Time was running out... They needed to live it and enjoy it while they can.

Speaking of the senior members, Troy and his friends all walked out one of the classrooms chattering away after attending their long and pretty much exhausting Physics class.

'Oh shoot!!! I still have to pick up my suit. Taylor's gonna be pissed again if she hears I haven't even made a reservation yet.'

'You should've listened to her and went early. Now the shop's overflowed with orders. Heck!!! You might receive your's on the eve of prom.'

As Zeke tries to poke fun at Chad's clumsiness and tardiness, Troy grins as they come to a stop in the bright white hallway and all each head to their respective lockers.

Suddenly, Chad turns his attention to the handsome basketball captain and asks.

'Hey!!! Hoops, how about we go together after school? Haven't you got a tux to wear yet?'

Troy smirks as his friends redirect their attention to him. Shaking his head as a response, the male grins and speaks in his low voice.

'I've already made a reservation a week ago, Brie picked it out for me.... And nope to answer your other question....can't go with you after school.'

Chad could only scowl as the other guys start teasing him. It was so rare for Troy to reject him, the male rolls his eyes as he gently smacks the other guys who had started to mock him and tease him.

'Come on now hoops... Your the only one I can count on. I need your opinions on the designs and choices.'

Turning back to his friends, Troy sighs and smiles.

'Come on now Chad, You know I should be the last one you'd have to ask advice for if it comes to fashion. How about this... Just ask Jason or Zeke to help you out... Or ask Chuck, Paul, James and Matt---'

Cutting Troy's words abruptly, the curly haired male turns to the other members whom were just mentioned and asks the captain.

'Why do you keep on rejecting me? And why should I call these guys?'

Troy could only sigh again and roll his eyes jokingly as he spoke in his sassy 'as a matter of fact' tone.

'Fine!!! Simple, I have a girlfriend whom I love very much and want to spend as many time as I could with and the above mentioned are all single and have more free time than I, the taken and romantic man have.... Now, if you'll all excuse me.... Brie is waiting for me and I need to go. Good luck finding a tux hoops, might have to be careful though. Taylor might just kick your ass if you choose one that's tacky and basketball-ish again.'

And with that, Troy Bolton dashes out of the scene leaving his friends all slightly shocked and flustered also... He was kinda annoying but they were all pretty used to that side of his by now.

Chad pouts as he closes his locker and turns to his other friends. With a joking tone, the male sighs and wipes a fake tear.

'And he once said bro's before babes..... Lover boy's just too whipped.'

Walking also towards the cafeteria, the senior basketball members all chuckle as they start talking and joking about Troy the lover boy.

In the cafeteria, Gabriella as always sat with her group of friends. Martha, Kelsi and Taylor.

What was unexpected though was that Sharpay had opted to also sit on the same table as them, of course it was mostly Ryan coaxing her to at least be a bit cordial with the others.

As the girls and Ryan all engage in small talk, a pair of strong arms suddenly wrap themselves around the beautiful brunette.

Taylor and the others could only hide their fluffy smiles as they look up to see the handsome face of Troy Bolton.

'Guess who!!?'

Gabriella giggles as she holds her boyfriend's hand and stands up to wrap her arms around his neck whilst he rests his arms around her waist.

'Hello wildcat.... I missed you, Mrs. Gomez' class was too long and mentally draining today.'

Troy puts on his flirtatious smile as he leans in to peck her lips and tighten his hold on her waist.

'Well I missed you too.... How about skipping lunch and going up to our favorite hideout?'

As the couple had their own romantic moment, they suddenly jumped at Taylor's slightly annoyed and joking voice.

'Is it just me or are you two trying to make out in the middle of this crowded cafeteria? There's too much sexual tension cut it off lovebirds and sit.... The sweetness will make me throw up that New York Deli I just ate.'