A Night To Remember

"WE NEED HELP PLEASE!"

Y/n's pov

We continued to walk into Trollmarket, some Troll insulting us, but I don't care right now! All I care about is that my Mom should get help. "Where are we...?" Mom asked us. "Just hold on, Mom. You're somewhere safe." I said. "I can't. It's hard to breathe." Mom said. "WE NEED VENDEL! WHERE'S VENDEL?!" I shouted. "JIM! Y/N!" Claire shouted as her, Blinky and Aaarrrgghh ran over to us. "Great Gronka Morka, what happened?" Blinky asked. "Angor attacked Strickler. The binding spell!" Jim exclaimed.

We heard coughing, and turned our heads to see Strickler getting out of the car. "The Changeling!" "Lets crush him!" Two trolls said. "No!" Aaarrrgghh said as he was going to punch the other Troll. "STOP!!" Vendel shouted to everyone. "Not unless you want to kill the both Trollhunter's mother, too." Vendel said. "Quickly! Bring them both to the examination dwell." Vendel instructed.

Aaarrrgghh grabbed Strickler, a little bit too hard, which made Barbara yelp in pain. Blinky picked her up and carried her bridal style to the examination dwell. "you're going to be okay, Barbara." Blinky said. "Mr. Blinky?" Mom questioned as we walked up the stairs. "Quickly, this way." Vendel said. "I closed the gate before Angor Rot got in." Toby informed. "Vendel's going to be able to fix this. Right, Blink?" Claire questioned. "Only the fates can tell now. Barbara's only hope is to break the spell that entwines her fate with Strickler's. If Vendel can, maybe, just maybe, she'll be strong enough to survive on her own." Blinky said with a bit of hope in his tone.

"Bring the Changeling. I must treat him as well." Vendel said as he took Barbara from Blinky's arms and Strickler following behind him, into the examination dwell. And the rest of us, we waited for them to finish. So we waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Then after a long time of waiting, Vendel comes out with Strickler, who has a cast on for his right arm. "Vendel, how's our mom?" Jim asked.

"She is resting, for now, but we must move her to the Heartstone." Vendel instructed. "Blinky says that we need to break the binding spell." I said. "I agree with his assessment. She cannot properly heal while still bound to the Changeling. Unfortunately, this is Gumm-Gumm magic and thus, I don't know the proper incantation." Vendel said. "No, but he does." I said as I pointed to Strickler, and with venom in my voice with I said 'he'. "Are you waiting for an invitation, or do I have to beat it out of you?" Toby asked in a 'bad cop' tone of voice.

"I don't have it-" Strickler said before Aaarrrgghh interrupted him by growling in his face. "with me. It's in the book of Ga-huel. In my office." Strickler continued. "We have to go get it." Jim said. "We'll have to be careful. That crazy psychopath will be there." Toby said with his hands on his hips. "Oh! I forgot about Angor Rot!" I exclaimed. "No, Coach Lawrence!" Toby corrected. "It's the Spring Fling Dance and he's gonna be roaming the halls." Toby added. "The Spring Fling, its tonight. I forgot." Jim groaned.

"Your mom is more important than a stupid dance." Claire said. "I know, but I was looking forward to our stupid dance." Jim said. "Me, too." Claire said as she put a hand on Jim's shoulder. "Toby and I will get the incantation. You two need to be here with your mom." Claire said. "You must go now. Make haste!" Vendel said. "We got this! Lets go, Toby!" Claire said as she pulled out her shadow staff and summoned a portal. "Come on!" She said as her and Toby jumped threw and it closed off.

"What about the Changeling?" Aaarrrgghh asked. "Take him to the stronghold." Vendel said as he pointed to Strickler.

---

We made it to the stronghold and we threw Strickler into a cage and closed the door. "Haven't I redeemed myself?" Strickler asked as the cage started to go up into the air. "The humans have a saying I would describe as accurate." Blinky said. "'NOT EVEN CLOSE'!!!" You and Blinky said at the same time.