Chapter 7

[Some parts are changed; rewritten]

Pete's POV:

Running towards Vegas, I stared to my son. It was as if everything had frozen in place. Perfect to even matter. I looked over to Khun Kinn and Porsche who seemed to be ready to attack but I shook my head no.

"Dada, why are you only here now?" Venice asked. Vegas just continued to cry, showing defeat to the child that longed for him.

I walked slowly towards them even when I feared Vegas might panic again. Macau was there wanting to go near but Chay blocked him. Khun No was by the house eyeing worried down at me.

I shook my head no to him.

Nobody would move. Not when I know Vegas could go manic any time. In his arms, he has more than just that. He didn't just hold a child, he was holding my child. I may have loved you Vegas but I fear for Venice. His innocence could kill him.

"Dada, stop crying na," Venice soothed. Vegas gripped on him like he was his life. In my head I pray he was indeed in fear and not just using Venice as shield.

About five feet before them, Vegas stopped hugging him and looked up to Venice. "Are you really Venice?" He asked.

The child nodded and cried.

"Pa Pete said you'd know me right away!" He exclaimed. Offended, he started to punch lightly to his Dada but Vegas responded with tears too.

"I'm sorry, Venice," he went on and the two hugged again.

I was a feet far and I hoped Vegas noticed me enough to look. He didn't.

He fainted on the ground. His body weight pulled the innocent child to his chest. I immediately knelt down.

"Dada? Dada? Dada?" Venice asked repeatedly.

"Macau, take him away!" I pulled up Venice and handed him to Macau.

"No! I wanna stay with Dada!" I could hear him shout but I started to check on the unconscious Vegas.

"Vegas! Vegas!" I tapped his face to see if he was fine. He was irresponsive but breathing fine. "Call the doctor!" I panicked and this time, everybody rushed near us.

The doctor came and checked on Vegas. I was shaking throughout the process. Porsche was helpful enough to hand me tea after the Doctor left. Vegas was declared in coma due to stress. He also said Venice could be forgotten once he wakes up.

After he left, Khun Kinn and Porsche also left for some work. Khun No entered the bedroom alone and sat next to me.

"I've never seen him sleep this peaceful ever since he was tortured," he commented. I smile faintly at him. "He recognized Venice and acknowledged his existence. What about you Pete? What will you do for him to acknowledge you?"

"I don't know Khun No. I'm scared he might forget that Venice was the kid he hugged. He already thought of me as an illusion. I'm scared he'd continue thinking that," I said. "but you know Khun No, when I looked how he was comfortable with Venice, it was like something was telling me everything would be fine. That I wouldn't have to worry."

"Then you should trust that, don't you think so?" Khun No asked.

"I just hope it's true," I sighed.

"But on the other hand..." I looked up to him. "Why this motherfucker?" He asked, pointing to Vegas. I gulped in irritation so I looked down back to Vegas, cleaning him. Khun No would talk for two minutes like a normal person then revert back to his crazy self. "You can have anyone by why a psycho?"

"Khun No~" I said.

"No seriously, you can have anyone. Why him?"

"Khun No, don't start," I tried consoling him. "I don't even know my own heart so how could I possibly know?" I whispered to myself.

He left after a few more quirks. I stared at Vegas' face and a tear fell from my eye. He looked peaceful indeed. What did he see from Venice's eyes for him to trust and hug him? Vegas never truly cared for Venice when I took him. For him, Venice was nothing but a distraction of mine. He wanted Venice out of the picture but I insisted on taking him.

Two days had passed and Vegas was still lying down. I prevented Venice from seeing Vegas for awhile. Like how the doctor said, there could be a chance for Vegas to forgot what happened. His frantic actions and outbursts could hurt Venice. Macau visited him at times. In the end, Macau would go out and not talk about how he feels. He insisted on saying he was fine and that Venice needed him. He spent many times sleeping during nap times of Venice. He was pretending to be fine because Venice needed to see him. If Macau was gone, Venice would talk about wanting to see his dada.

I woke up realizing Venice was gone. My instinct told me to panic. I shot up and ran towards Macau's bedroom. When I checked, Macau was dead asleep.

"Macau, wake up! I can't find Ven-ven!" I shouted while shaking him. Hearing the words can't find surely woke him too. He sat down.

"W-what?" He asked while rubbing his eyes.

"Ven-ven! I can't find him! Help me look for him!" I didn't wait for his reply and immediately ran out to check the other rooms.

None.

Venice's whereabouts were nowhere. My heart rose to fear. My breathing was very much limited at this point from running, thinking and panicking. I could lose Vegas any time but not Venice. Not him or Macau. Not my kids.

"Hey you! I need you to call Khun Kinn and Porsche!" I shouted to one of the bodyguards. I didn't care if I sound disrespectful or bossy. I lost it already. "Tell them Venice is gone. Have the entire mansion checked!"

"Khrap!" He understood and used his phone to call.

I checked to Chay's bedroom and shook him awake too. The kid was shocked but immediately understood my need. Like Macau, he darted off to check everywhere.

Venice, where are you my son?  Come out now!

"Venice, where are you?" I called him.

Where could that child might be? He is not yet familiar with this mansion. If he wonders around and ended up to the torture chamber... it'll be terrible, I thought to myself.

Where are you? Venice, where are you?

I've looked everywhere, losing my breath but nothing. It was as if he had disappeared. Or did I miss something?

"Vegas!"

I sprinted as fast as I could knowing that Vegas could hurt him. Venice had been looking for him everywhere. Knowing that kid was very smart like Vegas, he must have figured out that the end hall above our floor was Vegas' bedroom.

The door was ajar and I wanted to break in when I heard Venice's voice speaking. Calmly, speaking.

"Dada, why were you gone for so long? Did you know that Papa would always talk to me about you? He would always tell me that you love me and that you'd go back to us. Where were you, Dada?" I heard him ask Vegas.

"Dada got lost, Venice," Hearing Vegas's voice weakened my knees. Nothing of the things I expected to happen even happened. Nothing. Vegas never hurt Venice. He, indeed remembered Venice.

"Will Dada leave again?"

"No Venice, Dada will not."