Chapter 14

Third Person's POV:

[No conversation. All about Theerapanyakul family history. Important so advisable to read slowly and understand things]

Theerapanyakul clan is a Mafia clan built through hardships and bloodshed. They are a family who build empire after empire in the shadows. Their bloodline is inherited only by the worthy. Those weak will never rule... or will never leave.

Their tradition involves death. And those who died will be long forgotten or a reminder that weakness will never be tolerated. As such, every possible heir is put to trial. Sometimes related to power, while sometimes related to fear.

But the most effective weapon to put them to test is to use the very person they love. If they pass, they'll gain their place. If not, it is because they died or they have shown nothing but weakness.

Again, weakness is not for a Theerapanyakul.

Gun and Korn were put to test. Along with their youngest brother, Krit. The one they were put up against was Namphueng, the mother of Porsche and Kimhan.

Namphueng was taken from an orphanage and raised as their foster sister. She was beautiful, kind and has a lovely voice. She was good natured and loving. She was grateful when the Theerapanyakuls took her in. For her it was a blessing she didn't get shy when it was announced a family was looking for a daughter to take in.

Or so she shouldn't have gone out.

Korn was obsessed over Namphueng and their father saw it. Korn desired to have Namphueng. Not out of love. But out of attraction. The thought of Namphueng in the hands of other men enraged him. He only wanted himself to have her. He hated seeing her kindness because it drew people closer to her. He would even lock her up if he could. His desire was dangerous. And it brought out the monster in him. And just like what Mr. Theerapanyakul hoped, Korn was skilled through the threat that Namphueng would be taken away from him.

Gun was in love with her. He saw her for who she was and he fell for it. He desired to protect her from the abuse their father gave her, even if it meant he would be the one hurting. Gun would allow himself repeatedly hurt and repeatedly mistreated. Even if he was bullied by Korn for being a "weakling" he looked away. He only wanted to keep her safe. And Mr. Theerapanyakul saw this. Unlike what he hoped for, Gun turned into a pet he could use anything. He hated that Gun was immobilized by that so-called love.

Krit saw Namphueng differently. He saw her as his ward, his reason to get out of the family mess. Given that she was the youngest among the four, Krit desired to get her out of the mess. And she loved him but Krit didn't love her that way. This kind of desire to keep her away from any harm threatened Mr. Theerapanyakul. Krit didn't see Namphueng the way Mr. Theerapanyakul wanted to.

If Krit would never see her the way he planned, he resorted to the last thing a Theerapanyakul leader would do: put her into danger and see who would be smarter and who would blindly save her without anything.

Namphueng became the bait. This time out. Mr. Theerapanyakul took her away from the three and threatened them of her death if they did not follow everything he asked for.

The set up had them in terrible conditions: to see Namphueng only for a few hours and then she would be taken away for the day. To see her get hurt physically or mentally but they could no longer use themselves as shields of her sufferings.

Korn excelled every expectations Mr. Theerapanyakul had for him. He became a leader, feared by many and respected by the most important people outside the clan. He did so and demanded for Mr. Theerapanyakul to marry Namphueng to him.

Gun, on the other hand, became the underdog of Mr. Theerapanyakul. He did everything. Even the most gruesome things no one would want to do. He gained the fear of many and he gained intel through these gruesome actions. He demanded for Mr. Theerapanyakul to let him be the one to take care of Namphueng and marry her if she wanted to.

Krit was built different. He did the things that Mr. Theerapanyakul was supposed to ask him to do. It was as if he could read his mind and did everything without getting praised or any credit. He was terrifying among the three. He did things but never spoke of demands or requests. He was unpredictable and Mr. Theerapanyakul hated this. Krit was suitable as the heir yet Krit made sure to express dismay over this idea.

And then one day, out of ordinary, Krit demanded for Namphueng and his own freedom. Questioned, he revealed the family secret that only the leader must know.

This secret?

Remained to Krit.

Not even Korn knew about it.

And he would probably never know.

Krit gained Namphueng's freedom and even his own. He took Namphueng and Mr. Theerapanyakul gave them protection. Protected them, gave them everything just of that secret to never be revealed.

Korn threw fit and almost got killed attacking Krit. Gun accepted his defeat. Even deep down he wanted nothing of it.

They expected for Krit to marry Namphueng but he didn't. Instead he allowed for Namphueng to marry Pat Kittisawasd. A man no name, no fame and no power. It was for love.

Everything was turning well... But Krit had left Namphueng. And it all lead up to what's now left.

Namphueng's death and Korn's turn to ruin many people for power and strength. This time using Venice.

Only when it is more dangerous because of latest technology.