Chapter 9

A/N: Hello ZhiZhis! It's been awhile. I was supposed to start the update last week but ever since we were affected by the storm, I couldn't type on my computer. Anyways, please follow us on IG: little_kana_naya and twitter: au_venice so you'll be updated about upcoming AUs, etc...

By the way, I miss you guys!

Tankhun's POV:

Looking at them, I couldn't help but smile. Who would have thought that my beloved bodyguard and my unbearable cousin would end up together? Even for awhile, I can forget that Vegas took Pete away from me. Pete was the only person who tolerated me without complains thrown on my face. Of course my brat side wouldn't be happy about it back then. It was as if my mind was saying "Annoy him!" Over and over again. He made mistakes and I've punished him for it. And yet Pete was still tolerating me and stayed quiet.

I would never think Pete had betrayed me. He did not love Vegas just that. It was not betrayal because he never turned against the family. He just knew that lying to himself that he did not care for the other could make him go insane. And look at them after five years apart? Although Vegas was really traumatized and thought Pete was not real at first, Pete never gave up. In return, Vegas also understood everything and slowly got a hold of reality.

Pete never left us, who he called family, he just gained another. Arm and Pol knew this but would never mention it to anyone. They never really think of Pete as an enemy when Pete decided to hide Macau and little brat. They knew that Pete loved Macau like a brother and Pete would die for Venice. There was no stopping Pete.

We found him out of course. It took Kinn a year and a half. By that time Kinn had already promised to Vegas that he would protect Pete. Kinn was willing to risk Pete though. Things in the main family started to lose control and Kinn knew if Vegas was on his side, Pa would eventually lose control over the huge people he took away from Uncle Kan.

I disagreed to Kinn's plan and we fought. Not in a good way. I rarely talk about serious things and sometimes it could come out as a joke or as an insult. Either way Kinn tried to dismiss me. I pointed my gun to him. Everyone was shocked and tried to take the gun, saying the joke was no longer funny.

"Kinn, you know I don't ask for anything like this unless I know I have to," Kinn's eyes looked at me serious, as if memorizing and analyzing my expression.

"Put the gun down, Khun!" Porsche exclaimed. He was standing next to Kinn, his hands were signaling me to calm down and to put the gun down.

I pulled down the safety off and continued to stand on my stance.

"Porsche, you know very well that if we take Pete, he could die even before Vegas would turn normal," I reasoned.

"Khun, we are at war. We need each other. Stop putting your goddamn gun at your brother!" By the way Porsche sounded, he was distressed and already panicking.

"Khun, I have to do this," Kinn spoke up. "I love Pete too but we have to do this. We have to gamble on this. This is risky---"

"Yes risky," I agreed. "Macau is still young, Vegas sacrificed his own innocence and his own freedom just so that Macau would not go through the same thing that he did. You saw how Macau was finally at peace when we spied on them! And for heaven's sake Pete looked as if he had moved on. Isn't it obvious already on how he chose to have a place so isolated even us can't check very well!?"

Silence took place as Kinn looked away. His face was telling me he knew I was right. And yet he was considering to cover his ears and heart for the truth. His mind was only for one thing: winning the war.

So I did one thing he could lose his head and know I was really serious.

No.

Of course I did not point the gun to Porsche.

I turned the gun and rested its head on my right temple.

"Khun No!" Everyone exclaimed.

Kinn looked and widened his eyes, shocked to how I dared to kill myself.

"You won't listen, then maybe you would follow the request of the dead!"

That was how I did.

Just kidding of course I didn't die.

Kinn finally let go of the thought of using Pete for his advantages. He understood I was willing to pull the gun because I did. I grabbed the empty gun unintentionally. Or was it intentional...

Secret on that.

But when we got a tip Pa finally found Pete, I knew it was finally time to take them away and keep them near us. I thought of Macau being bigger and would fully be able to understand everything so he would not be in the way when the war finally broke off into a fight. I just didn't expect that Pete got a little brother as a son. And for the love of God the little brat was an exact carbon copy of my annoying cousin. Maybe Pete really did his best to keep Venice's identity hidden in the chances of spies somewhere. We only watched from afar by the gates of their town. Who would have thought that Pete understood the chances of this that he didn't even bring the child out? Vegas must have begged Pete to be very, very careful for the sake of the younger ones. In love and already started a family as it seemed.

He still took Pete, tsk! I shook my head as I walked away from the four people.