Chapter 13

[Author's Note:

Just a brief reminder that I am following the series timeline and not the novel. I saw the spoilers of VegasPete and no I will not follow the sequences there nor deaths present.]

3rd's POV:

Inside a bedroom was the little boy lying down unconscious. It had been hours since he was taken away from his family and yet he still had no clue. Right there standing and staring at me was the brother of his father, his uncle---Khun Korn. He staring at the young man with both confusion and curiosity. So many questions were inside his head. One of them was how he resembled someone he used to care for. Someone that he never expected to resemble Venice.

"You will help me rule this family the way I want to," he murmured before deciding to leave the poor boy there, sleeping.

About an hour after that interaction, the young boy woke up crying. None of the bodyguards can help to soothe the wild wailing of his. And yet none of the bodyguards wanted to tell Korn regarding the situation.

"I want Dada! I want Pa! Stay away from me! I want my Cau-Cau not you!" He started to throw pillows towards the bodyguards. They would scare him if they could but Korn never said anything about how they would handle the child. They fear if they hurt the young boy would possibly be their last day on earth.

Korn had enough enduring the wailing. Instead he stood from his office and went to the bedroom. He wanted to shout to Venice but was frozen seeing the redness of his eyes. He never take interest towards his children aside from Tankhun who he claimed he loved. Or so he considered to truly love and yet Tankhun was the one who betrayed him the most.

"What's going on?!" He asked, irritation was heard by his tone.

"Khun Korn, he is looking for his parents," one of the bodyguards spoke up.

They expected Korn to disregard Venice's requests. For them Korn thinks of Venice as a variable. A piece of his games. Yet Korn never spoke ill not once. Rather he took his own phone as he walked towards Venice.

"Young man, do you want me to call your Pa?"

Venice nodded fast while still he was in defense mode. His mind flooded with fear and questions. One of them was why he woke up to a different place and none of his parents were present?

"Come here, we'll call them," Korn sat by the bed, wanting Venice to come near.

The boy didn't. Rather he cried louder then threw a pillow to Korn. Everyone around freaked out. Their big boss got thrown by a pillow.

"I don't trust you! I don't trust you! I want my Pa! I want my Dada!" He shouted on repeatedly. Everyone was waiting for Korn to explode.

Still he didn't.

"Do you know who I am, boy?"

"No! And my name is Venice. VE-NICE and not boy!" He answered.

"Okay Venice," he laughed a little before nodding. "Do you know who I am?"

"No," Venice sounded a little defeat made him furrow his eyebrows.

"My name is Korn. I am your grandfather," he declared.

The bodyguards looked each other confused and also shocked to what their master said. He claimed to be Venice's grandfather like it was the easiest thing to say.

"No, you're not," Venice disagreed. "Pa said all my grandfathers are dead. You're not my grandfather!"

"Venice, your grandfather has a brother. Khun Korn is his brother so Khun Korn is also your grandfather," Nine, one of the high ranking bodyguards, decided to help out. Venice just shook his head, disagreeing again.

Khun Korn eyed Nine making him lower his head and distant from the two. No one could convince Venice. Korn had no choice but to call. He didn't seem to like hearing Venice wailing and he also didn't like seeing the kid hate him. As if the child was a magnet attracting bad people and taming them in the process.

The phone call rang after Korn dialed the number. When Venice had the phone and started complaining to his parents, Korn stared at him thinking deeply. He had never been curious of such young creature. He had loved his children in his own way but never truly chose to show it. His fascination came when he could hear Vegas and Pete's voice asking if Venice was hurt. Or if he had eaten. He hated it. So much.

He took the phone by force off Venice's hand and said "I expect you all to be here first thing in the morning."

He turned off the call and looked to the young boy who was already starting to sulk. His dull eyes started to the kid but decided to ignore him. He stood up and decided he didn't want to stay there anymore. He had too many things in his mind and he would not want to waste it on a mere kid.

"Nine, make sure he eats before he enters the operation. By morning make sure he is already ready to face the others. The plan is still happening, one way or another. Make sure he is perfect in any angle," he instructed before disappearing from the room and walking out. Everyone bowed until he was gone.

Nine did as he was told to. He tried to console the young boy. Venice was not stupid or easy to fool. After hearing his parents would be there in the morning, he followed what he heard. If following would be the only way for him to go home faster, he was more than willing to follow anything.

Pete's POV:

Vegas didn't get any sleep. So did Kinn. And Tankhun changed overnight that it terrified me. Hearing Venice cry that much hurt me. I never wanted any of these things to happen. I only wanted to be happy with the ones I call my family. Macau asked Chay to help train using guns. He had lost his touch of those things after years living quietly. I wanted to stop him but he claimed he needed to train for Venice. He no longer wants to be under protection. He wanted to protect.

"Love, Venice will live in that house, we both know that," I said breaking the silence that engulfed between me and Vegas.

We were both on the bed. I was sitting down while he was lying there. I assumed he was thinking. Deeply.

"So we will," he added, making me realized he was aware.

"I am scared for Venice. I hate this," my voice broke as I cried little by little. I felt Vegas sit up as he pulled my arm to face him. I looked at him with my teary eyes.

"Come here," he made me sit on his lap facing him. We cuddled that way while he caressed my back. His body gave me uncertain comfort. It was warm and yet I could tell he did it because he himself was losing control. His body was shaking. It was tensed. "I am ready to do anything to get him back. Even if it means being his underdog, I don't care. We will get Venice back. Okay?"

I nodded. I didn't speak anymore and just stayed there absorbing his warmth.

Tankhun's POV:

"Kinn, will I sound selfish if I take control of the entire mafia once everything's gone?" I asked Kinn. He was sitting down holding his glass of liquor.

"I don't know the answer to that, Khun. I handled the mafia under Pa's instructions and still I was kicked out for being insufficient in his eyes. And then we have Kim and Chay. If I choose, I will choose you. What about those two? Will they accept you? Will they let go of their illusions?"

"But what if they stand down?"

"Then Mafia's yours. I have nothing to do with it once everything starts to go back to normal," he answered.

Good. Then if I get this, I'll end decades of fucked up traditions.