𝐓𝐖𝐎.

★

"YOO, YOU GOOD IN HERE?" A deep, smooth voice suddenly filled the room.

Xyahs's eyes shoot open before she jumped up quickly to look in the direction of the door. In front of her stood a tall brown skinned man.

His hair in boxed braids, practically reaching his shoulders- a red NY fitted placed on top. He wore a white wife beater, red Nike shorts and spotless white air forces, his Nike socks raised just enough to see the logo. The man's left wrist was accessorized with a few rubber wristbands and his neck with a single diamond tennis chain. His presence was overwhelming, his deep brown eyes bore deep into the girl's. His eyes intense yet glint with traces of worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Xyah murmured; still trying to recouperate from all the alcohol she'd dumped into her system.

"You sure? I saw you basically crawl up the stairs." A childish smirk played against his plump lips.

Crossing her arms, "So you were watching me?"

"Nah." He replied, chuckling shortly after.

'Liar.' Xyah thought.

"Oh." Was all she could muster up, still very out of it.

The guy didn't leave though. He just continued standing there, his eyes glued to Xyah's before she nervously broke contact. The girl felt as if he was toying with her, as if he knew that simply gazing at her would leave her a flustered mess. A small grin tugged at the corner of his mouth before nodding his head in Xyah's direction, he spoke up.

"What's your name?" The girl watched as his eyebrows furrowed gently, awaiting a response.

"Xyah."

She chewed the inside of her cheek as the room was consumed with the deafening silence once more, "What about yours?"

His dark brown eyes pierced hers ever so intently,

"Cartier."

Xyah caught herself gently biting her bottom lip as she checked the man out. He was extremely attractive.

"Well Xyah," He smirked when he said her name, "Imma see you around, aight?"

The girl nodded gently at the man before her. He calmly walked out the room, closing the door behind him softly. Making sure she was completely alone, Xyah threw herself back down on the bed, letting out a loud sigh. She could no longer relax and her drunkenness had long turned into exhaustion, so Xyah headed back downstairs, since it was so late the crowd wasn't as big as it was originally. Getting to the bottom of the stairs, Xyah was still unable to see her friends.

That was until she was forcefully grabbed by her arm, someone turning her around.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Soriyah questioned Xyah frantically.

Xyah motioned up the stairs, "I was in a room."

Soriyah rolled her eyes before grabbing Xyah's wrist and dragging her to the rest of their friends.

Jade was seen with mascara smeared all over her cheeks, usually a clear sign that she had way too much to drink. Amira stood next to her, rubbing her back in hopes to console the crying women. When the two saw Xyah they immediately perked up. Jade ran up to the girl and pulled her into a hug rocking the two back and forth.

"I thought I lost you~" The drunk girl slurred loudly into Xyah's ear.

Xyah rubbed her back and explained to her where she was at. In the corner of her eye, she seen Cartier sitting in a group with his friends. They were all rolling up, smoking or talking amongst one another but Cartier's attention remained on Xyah. She shyly looked at the man but quickly broke eye contact. Xyah watched as many different people walked up to him, looking closely you can see Cartier handing out vibrant colored bags- the backs were see through, he was selling weed, pills, and other wild substances; exchanging all of the items for money which he placed in his black Jansport.

Snapping Xyah out of her daze, Soriyah came up to her ear and spoke up, "We need to leave, Jade is drunk off her ass."

She nodded and they all made their way out the house. Xyah looked down at her phone as they all walked to the car, it was nearly four in the morning. Xyah held Jade close to her as the two stumbled down the walkway, they got to the car and she sat Jade in the back. Moments later, Xyah heard quick footsteps coming up behind her. She turned around and saw
Cartier swiftly treading towards her, his face held a smug grin as he stopped in front of the girl and held out his phone.

"Leaving before I can get yo number?" He smiled, making her giggle at the man.

Xyah looked down to see the dial screen and her cheeks got red instantly. She took the phone from him, their hands touching ever so slightly still managed to send chills throughout the girl's body. Cartier watched intently as Xyah dialed her number and saved it into his phone.

As she finished and gave the phone back, he smiled brightly at me, "Aight love, Imma hit you."

"O-okay." Nodding sheepishly, Xyah felt her cheeks burn as she watched him walk away.

Dazed, Xyah turned around to see all her friends glued to the car windows watching her- all of them shared the same excited expression before she opened the door and got into the car.

Silence momentarily overtook the vehicle before Amira spoke up, "Bitch you're not gonna tell us who that was?" Everyone else agreeing with her.

"Just some guy I met upstairs." Xyah shrugged nonchalantly.

Soriyah then pitched in, "Nahh that's the nigga that's was selling all that good shit downstairs."

"Righttt~! I-I knew he looked familiarr." Jade chimed in, slurring and stumbling over her words.

"Girl sit back and shut yo drunk ass up, we taking you home." Amira shot as Jade sat with her arms crossed, pouting like a toddler. The ride home was filled with nonsensical tipsy conversation and incoherent noises, on Jade's part.

Finally being able to shower and hop in bed, the sun was already peeking through Xyah's blinds. She laid comfortably wrapped up in her blanket, thankful she didn't have work later on. As she was watching whatever was playing on her TV, her phone had went off.

"What the hell could someone want from me now!?" Xyah groaned exasperatedly.

(𝟗𝟏𝟕)-𝐱𝐱𝐱-𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐱
----------

xyah?

Xyah immediately jumped up from her comfortable position and directed all her attention to her phone. Her heart raced as her fingers glided across her screen.

(𝟗𝟏𝟕)-𝐱𝐱𝐱-𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐱
----------

xyah?

yea?

Just making sure you ain't give me no fake number lmaooo
𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱

------

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!