𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

★

"STUPID BITCH!" XYAH YELLED AS SHE LANDED repeated blows to Sadè's face.

Sadè's face was bloody and swollen, she let out helpless cries as she was beat. Xyah was beyond angry. The girl that Cartier had told her not to worry about was in his house, then she attacked Xyah.

"Don't ever fucking touch me again!"

The front door closed with a slam causing the two girl to look up in its direction. Cartier looked at the scene in utter disbelief, Sadé badly beat on the floor with Xyah standing angrily above her.

"What the fuck is going on?" Cartier questioned, walking over to separate the girls.

"She's just an ex, right?" Xyah spat, shoving the man back, "I should've never fucking believed you!"

"Look, she means nothing to me." Cartier attempted to reason with Xyah, a hurt expression on Sadé's face.

"So, why. Is. She. Here?" Xyah enunciated, her voice seeping with rage.

For once in his life, Cartier was speechless. He had no explanation for Xyah. What could he say?

"I'm sorry." Was all he can push out from between his lips, "I'm so fucking sorry."

Xyah just shook her head, making her way out the house. Cartier followed her all the way to her car, grabbing Xyah's hand before she could open the door but she forcefully snatched it away.

"I came here to check up on you!" She pointed in the man's face, "I heard what happened to your friend so I wanted to comfort you." The girl's voice cracked slightly as she opened her car door.

"Xyah, stop. Please, I'm sorry." Cartier said as he pulled Xyah towards his chest.

"No. You're a liar." Tears fell from the girl's eyes, "I trusted you, Cartier."

The couple never truly acknowledged how they felt for one another, nor did they ever attempt to speak on it. But there was an unspoken sense of establishment between the two, or so Xyah thought— they belonged to one another. So even though the start of their relationship wasn't defined in words, Xyah hurt just the same.

"I know. I fucked up. I'll get rid of her, just stay," Cartier's hands were now at the girl's waist as he locked eyes with her, "Please."

Every fiber of the girls being told her to turn around and go home. Xyah had caught Cartier with his "ex", this moment should be the end of whatever they had going on. But looking the man in his eyes, the regretful look on his face, only made Xyah want to stay.

"Get her out. Now." Was all she said while she stood by her car, her arms crossed.

Cartier wasted no time in marching back into his house and climbing up the stairs to his bedroom, grabbing the overnight bags that Sadè came with and walked back downstairs with them.

"Wha- What are you doing!?" Sadè questioned, her eyebrows raised as she followed Cartier out the front door.

"You got to go." He stated, placing her bags downs outside.

"So you're just gonna let her kick me out, Cartier?" She cried out, "After everything I've done for you?"

"Sadè, you didn't do shit for me. It was you who always had they hand out." Cartier snapped.

By now, neighbors were already on their porches looking at the scene unfolding on Cartier's front yard.

"Get the fuck on before I have her whoop yo ass again!" He spat as he motioned to the girl standing by the front gate, Xyah already mugging Sadè.

Sadè stood watching Cartier in disbelief, "You know what? Fuck you Cartier!" She threw her middle fingers in his face before grabbing her bags and walking to her car.

"And you better watch your fucking back, bitch!" She screamed at Xyah who only chuckled.

After watching Sadé drive off, Xyah made her way up the stairs. Cartier held the door open for her, a sheepish expression painted his face as she quietly walked in.

"I'm sure you have questions Xy, I don't mind answering them." Cartier spoke up as he followed behind her.

The couple took a seat in the living room, sitting beside each other on the huge black sofa before they were consumed in a brief moment of silence.

"So when she seen us at the fair, she was actually your girlfriend?" Cartier nodded, cautiously holding eye contact.

Xyah only sighed, silently beating herself up for even agreeing to come into Cartier's house.

"Do you love her?"

Cartier rubbed his hands together before he opened his mouth, choosing his words wisely, "I did. At a point in time. Now all it was was sex."

Xyah's heart sunk at the man's words. Of course, she wasn't the only girl he was having sex with. Xyah felt like an idiot for believing so. Cartier seen the look on Xyah's face. One of betrayal and pain. He's grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"I'm sorry Xyah. I really am. I hope you can forgive me." He said as he softly placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

"I'm here aren't I?" She replied quietly, her stomach in knots.

Cartier smiled at the girls nervousness, something that he always found amusing.

"Yeah. You're right."

Silence overtook the two once again. Xyah fiddled with a loose string coming from her sweater while Cartier's gaze remained on her. He bit his lip, silently admiring the female beside him.

Cartier's hand let go of Xyah's and moved up to her chin. He guided her face to his, Cartier's gaze into her eyes not wavering in the slightest.

"I need you to be mine." Cartier's other hand now gripping Xyah's waist as his face inched closer to hers.

"I've been yours, Carti." Xyah reassured, closing the gap between the two and passionately taking the man's lips.

——————

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!