026 | New Year's Eve.

"I'll confess to you, while using the moon as our light

"I'll confess to you, while using the moon as our light."

Just One Day - BTS

December 31, 2022.

- Y/N's POV -

He ran his long, slim fingers through my hair, while we waited for the firework show to begin.

Most of the students were at the school's football field, waiting as the teachers were playing music and standing on the field, chatting. This year, they decided to not watch the fireworks as they had seen them way too many times before.

I gently wrapped my arm around Kazuha's shoulder, and leaned in, sharing my body warmth with his. I saw his lips curl up, beginning to turn into a soft smile.

Just then, Ms. Sara went onto the speakers, doing a mic check.

"Is this thing on? Is it? Or is it not? Wait, it is?"

"Alright! We have just been informed that the firework will start in a few minutes. Be prepared and take out your cameras if needed!"

Just then, the first firework shot up into the air, before it turned into a heart that read "2023".

It all looked gorgeous and unreal. The fireworks were brighter and more colorful than last year. There were more fireworks and they were all more detailed, unlike last year.

Many people were talking and recording, while some (like me) were simply watching and following the fireworks, enjoying the view.

Rae was sitting with Vicky and Sierra, and they were looking at me and Kazuha and giggling.

Sigh.

After about ten minutes, the firework show finally ended with the last firework saying; "2023 may not the best, but that one couple is."

I just knew that someone had snuck it into the stack of fireworks that would be lit.. because the teachers had no clue about me and Kazuha. I had a feeling it was Irene.. since she has the money to afford fireworks, y'know?

Afterwards, a load of chatter drew over the crowd. Many were looking at Irene and Xavier, me and Kazuha, and Raiden and Yae.

Ms. Kokomi began to speak on the speaker, causing everyone to divert their attention.

"Alright, alright, everyone, it is now time to return home. Have a great night, and we'll see you all next Monday!"

Everyone began to empty the bleachers as I pulled my arm away and stood up, taking Kazuha's hand. We smiled at each other and went down the bleachers, going to the parking lot. Rae met me at my car, standing there as she tightly wrapped herself in her grey hoodie.

We opened the car doors and went inside, and before long, we reached Kazuha's house. He took off his seatbelt, leaned closer to me, and placed a warm kiss on my cheek, before  whispering, 'I love you, Y/N.'

I felt a rush and a weird feeling of affection and endearment. Before Kazuha could step out, I stopped him by lightly grabbing onto the collar of his shirt.

"Let's go back to my place."

"I'd love that."

We looked at each other for a brief second before Rae interrupted. "Can we go to a restaurant? I'm starving."

Kazuha gave me a nod and I pulled out of his driveway and drove to downtown Eastview.

(A/N: hi i had no idea what to name this little city thing)

"So, La perle, or Leon's Burgers?"

I asked, my eyes focused merely on the road.

"Perle!" Rae chirped. It was only 9:34 PM, and I'm guessing that perle is open until 11 PM.

They're probably not busy. I mean, it's New Years' Eve, everyone is probably staying in and eating pizza and Doritos.

We pulled into the parking lot and went inside, where we were quickly sat down at a table.

After our food arrived, I handed Rae my phone so we could take a picture together (so I could post us on my snapchat story and instagram). She giggled for a little, before handing me my phone back.

The picture was... adorable. Me and Kazuha were sitting together, smiling with plates of delicious food infront of us.

He smiled at me, with positivity and warmth in his eyes, before we began to dig into our meals. It was absolutely delicious. Our waitress was the nicest person to roam Teyvat.

Kazuha paid the bill for me, which was pretty nice. He was richer than what he seems, and we tipped the waitress $20.

- in the car.

"I swear I'll pay you back! You did not have to pay the bill for me."

"I'm just being nice. You don't have to pay me anything."

"Just let me pay you back."

"It's fine, really."

"Kazuha, just let me pay you back!"

We were causally arguing in the car, with Rae quietly watching. Well, I wouldn't call it arguing, probably just a debate of sorts.

Both me and Kazuha went silent, and, after about 10 seconds of silence, he kissed me on the lips gracefully.

TAE

TAE