CHAPTER 39 : Affiance

Chapter 39 : Affiance

As I walk inside, everyone's eyes were on me. I'm very uncomfortable for the attention that they're giving but I just chose to ignore it.

"May I help you ma'am?" An employee approached me.

"I believe that there was a reservation for dinner tonight. I'm Alexcia Manriquez by the way."

"Uh, Miss Manriquez. Welcome Ma'am this way please." I followed her as she lead me into a private room.

When I went inside I saw him sitting and I guess he already acknowledged my presence.
I guess four years ago was just an appetizer of how ravishing he'd look like in the future. I was a bit astounded of his developed features. His jaw is more defined, his eyes looked dreamier and much more sharper, his lips still had that redness but it was sexier and more luscious.

His clean get up made him look more attractive. I guess hindi lang ako ang pinagtitinginan dito kanina.

Before I sit by myself, he did a gentleman move and helped me with my seat. I hate to say it but I'm starting to think that he's the complete package, maybe I'd go gaga over him if he wasn't such a jerk four years ago.

Of course it was quiet and awkward but I really want this to be over soon.

"So Mister Capistrano, what are your plans for the new hotel?" I looked at him and took a sip from the champagne prepared at the table.

"Well we've been seeing some blueprints for the design of the hotel and so far everything's doing good." He wasn't taking his eyes of me. It feels like he's staring right into my soul, seeing all my riddles and trying to figure everything out.

"I would like to know the previous topic of your meeting with Mister Diaz and the proposal if I may." He adjusted his tie as I look at him like the way he is.

"Well the proposal was easy, we just thought of a way to bring success on both parties. Your company's malls are one of the best, our company's hotels are also one of the best and if we put those two together we create a dream team. It will be a win-win situation for both of us. Higher or even highest sales for your malls, our guest rate will reach its peak. And I remember, four years ago you said you'd do favors for my parents and we took this opportunity. Tita Sabrina didn't mind." He made a point there and I was relieved when he didn't mention anything other than that promise four years ago.

I started to take my coat off because it's getting a bit hot in here. He was still looking at me while he was drinking some wine but his eyes were unreadable as if it was playing a guessing-game against mine. Like mine, he was also covering himself with a mask, he also has his own riddles, he was also playing like me.... but... what are you really feeling Keitthe Capistrano???

We were talking about business regarding the hotel the whole time but we were both unsteady. I hate this guy for fuck's sake isn't that enough reason why I would lose a bit composure?

"How's Katthe?" I didn't know how those vague words came out of my mouth. Actually, there were many questions begging to come out but I disregarded it. I guess this one was bothering me so much I just let it go.

He gave me a hazed expression. I guess he didn't expect me to cross those boundaries of our conversation.

He cleared his throat.

"She has been busy these days but she's fine." I just nodded. He didn't mention her feelings towards me.

"How.. how was New York?" he wasn't sure if he'd ask me that question but I guess he just did.

"New York was beautiful especially at night. New years are spectacular with everyone around kissing at exactly 12 o'clock. The lights are comforting. I'd just go for a walk and stare at the iconic Statue of Liberty then I would sit and cry but thankfully there's a shoulder for me to lean on. Sometimes Grae and I would take a trip to New Jersey and stroll around the shore." Without even thinking I just said it. New York was full of bitter sweet memories. It reminded me of how weak I was and how strong I came to be but I never expect that I'd share those memories to Keitthe.