( B.R ) New Girl

Benny's Pov;

I met the guys at Vincent Drugs like we usually do every morning before we all play ball for the rest of the day.

"Hey, Benny there you are!" I was immediately greeted.

"Aren't you the one always waiting for us 'slackers'? Get your beauty sleep?" Squints joked as the others laughed.

"Oh shut it, you're one to talk." I say, taking my usual spot on the wall. they all began to tease him after what I said.

I was referring to the time Squints decided he would pull an all nighter, and then the next day after he hadn't shown up to the sandlot we all found him passed out on his couch with his glasses in a tub of melted ice cream.

We all continued to talk and joke around until a lot of them suddenly turned quiet and avoided eye contact with..something.

I furrows my brows and looked in search of what they were awkwardly looking away from.

I turned to see a girl I've never seen before, about my age, walking into the doors of the Drugstore.

"What was that?" I turned back to say when she had disappeared.

"That was the new girl, right?" Kenny turned to ask Bertram, who nodded in response.

"Yeah yeah, her name's Y/N Y/L/N." Yeah-Yeah said.

I laughed a little, "When we're you guys this weird about new people?"

Squints grabbed a soda, and shook his head at me, "This is different, Benny man. She's a total chick, and plus I heard she moved here 'cause she got kicked out of her old school."

"Nice." Ham said as him and Squints did a little handshake.

I rolled my eyes. "There's always rumours. You can't always believe stuff you hear about people you barely know, most of them aren't real."

Ham scoffed, "Not true, when Smalls moved here rumor had it he was a total dork. And he is!"

"Hey!" Smalls announced, taken aback.

I rolled my eyes, "How about we just go to the sandlot, it's almost 9."

To that, all of them groaned in annoyance.

"Yeah, okay, we'll just stay here and start rumours." I said sarcastically.

A noise signalled the door to the Drugstore had opened again, and this time the new girl walked out with a baseball in her hand.

I couldn't help but stare as she turned down the sidewalk, and it wasn't until she was out of sight that I turned back to the rest of the group,

"The new girl plays baseball?"