Stay Away From My Niece!

I'm done with my physical therapy but my knee is still sore and I still have a bit of a limp to it, so I scheduled an appointment with the orthopedist to ask him what he suggests. I've also been sick with Covid-19, which really affected my asthma. Ugh, I feel like I can't catch a break.

This chapter is from the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, which is amazing, and the next chapter is also going to be off the Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

Sola Naberrie frowned deeply at the special necklace in her hands. Her ten-year old niece, Lita, told her that earlier that day when they were enjoying the day out in Theed a merchant offered Lita a necklace with a unique pendant for free. But when Lita showed it to them when the whole family stopped at a place for lunch, Sola recognized what kind of pendant it was and took it away to give it back to the merchant.

As she was looking for the merchant she spotted a familiar face, she got suspicious and walked over. Despite it being ten years, she recognized the person's face and frowned deeply.

"Obi-wan Kenobi." Sola said as she was approaching the former Jedi.

"Why hello there, Sola," he said earnestly. "Although I go by Ben now. How are you today?"

"First of all, I don't care. Second, what is the meaning of this?" Sola demanded, showing him the necklace.

"Why that's a beautiful necklace you have there," Ben said with a smile, "Is it for your niece?"

Sola shook her head. "Don't pretend to act so innocent, I know what you're trying to do. I want you to stay away from her! We don't need anything from you," Sola said, tossing back the kyber crystal necklace.

"It's just a necklace," Obi-wan said with a small smile.

"It's a lot more than that," Sola replies.

"Sola, there's more to life than life on Naboo. She needs to see that. There's a whole galaxy out there, and she has the potential to be something truly remarkable," Ben explains.

But Sola was having none of it. "I'm asking you to leave us alone, Kenobi, leave her alone. I mean it," Sola responds.

"Is she okay?" Ben asks.

"You don't care for her or if she's okay. You care if she's appearing, but you can forget any ideas of coming anywhere near her," Sola said.

"She's my responsibility, Sola," Ben insists.

"Your responsibility? I'm her aunt and she's being raised by her family," Sola said with a glare. "And Lita is a little ten-year old girl, not a weapon or a piece of meat."

"I know, but we talked about this," Ben replies, "When the time comes, she must be trained."

Sola crossed her arms. "Like you trained her father? Before you got him killed? Anakin is dead, and so is Padme," Sola said in a sad tone. "And I won't let you make the same mistake again with their daughter, with my niece. You brought Lita to us to protect her and that's what we're doing. Protecting her from you. So Obi-wan, Ben, whatever name you go by now, leave her on Naboo with her family, where she belongs. Haven't you taken enough family from us already?"

Ben looked down at the ground, looking extremely sad at what Sola said to him. "I only ever wanted to help."

"And I already told you, we don't need your help," Sola coldly replies. "And Lita may have that potential you speak of, but it doesn't matter. Lita isn't a Jedi like you or her father and don't say she can be trained as a Jedi, because you know it will only put her life in danger and enemies, like the Empire, would either want to kidnap or kill her. If you really want to help then leave her where she belongs, on Naboo and with her family." Sola then left to return to the pub to rejoin her family, leaving Ben to think of what she said to him.

As I mentioned already the next chapter is also going to be off the Obi-Wan Kenobi series. Until then, May the Force Be With You!