Lay Me Down Softly

Name: Lay Me Down Softly

Lore: Similar, except that every full moon, all elderly warriors are to go through a series of trails to see if they are still fit to serve their clan. If not, then they will die a gruesome death and everyone in the clan will be forced to watch. Leaders and deputies, however, are the only exemptions to the Trials.

About: Dappledsun has lived a active and enjoyable life as a warrior. However, the one thing she has always feared were the Final Trials. Before she knows it, the Trials appear and she must partake in them. Dappledsun fails the trials and knows that she will die and contemplates on whether she should just jump off a cliff and end her life quickly. However, her brother, the leader of WaveClan, tells her to run on the night of the execution and that he will follow her. Dappledsun knowing that she is saved from the shame of the execution agrees to the plan.

A moon later, Wolfstar, Dappledsun's brother, says it will be safe to return and hopefully the clan would've forgotten about her death.

Alas, once Dappledsun arrives back on WaveClan's territory, Wolfstar laughs and turns to her saying that she really believed he would side with her. Dappledsun, stunned by the turn of events, saw mist clouding her sight and glowing cats surrounding her, and knew that sooner or later it would be her time to go and so the last thing she says to them is,

"Lay me down softly."

Epigraph: Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it is the place where we find our deepest heartache.

A/N: I'm quite proud of this plot, so if anyone uses it, I will definitely read your story!!

Users(1/2): 

KinkoXD

Here's your cover!