9

For the next twenty or so days, Chu Beijie refused to leave her side, as if worried about losing her. He watched her like a hawk, like a hungry person in front of food.

Pingting's heart melted like ice against the summer heat.

"Where's Moran these days?"

"I got him to do something, he only came back yesterday."

"What was so important that you actually had to send him away?"

Chu Beijie saw the raised eyebrow on her face and sighed. "The most important thing in this world is that you stay with me."

Pingting rolled her eyes and wrinkled her nose, "Flattery."

"You aren't wrong, my mouth is flattering. Duchess, try it." He took the opportunity and kissed her, only letting go when he heard a faint "nnnn" from her. He broke away, put on a serious look and said, "Let's go back inside."

"No!" Pingting clenched her fists and hammered them against his back. "You pervert, I am not going back."

Another squeal and she'd already been picked up by Chu Beijie.

"Geez, not again...give me a break."

Chu Beijie laughed, "You can take a break later."

It was already the season of floating snowflakes, yet Pingting had still not found a good time to leave the Ducal Residence. She had almost torn her handkerchief, from worrying about it.

Today was supposed to be the best day, as Chu Beijie would be away all day, but he just had to tell Chu Moran, "Look after my future Duchess until I get back."

Pingting was determined this time to not let such a great opportunity to slip away. She stood outside the door for a long time, watching him ride his horse away from her, as it would be the last time she'd ever see him.

Chu Moran approached her and stopped respectfully at a distance. "Miss Yangfeng, its cold, please come inside."

As Chu Beijie's figure disappeared from sight, Pingting gathered her thoughts. She turned around, lips playing into a smile. "I suppose it'll snow tomorrow." She stepped back inside the main gates and she could see Chu Moran standing rigidly behind her.

"Moran, you should do your other work."

"Duke ordered to protect Miss Yangfeng today."

Pingting's face was as cold as stone. "You're monitoring me?"

"Wouldn't dare to."

"I want to go outside. Are you going to tie me up and report to Duke?"

"Wouldn't dare to." As expected of Moran, his voice was level and his face ever expressionless.

Pingting lowered her head, pensive. She started to chuckle, "I guess that was wrong of me. I'm not in a very good mood right now because Duke isn't here and started to vent my frustration on you."

Moran's face studied her. Her face was gentle.

Sleeping gas or sleeping pills? Pingting quietly calculated as she walked inside.

Unfortunately, she had neither at her disposal. The contents of sleeping gas were hard to get and there were too many ways of making sleeping pills. There was a relatively easy recipe, but she would require certain common herb for that one.

She, who used to hate the time when she had to learn these things with her Master had now found the information to be quite useful..

Sleeping pills it is then.