64

Chu Beijie spent the last few days on the road while hiding his trails. He constantly sent out elite spies, assessing the news from all sorts of places.

They finally found a secluded place to set the camp. Afterwards everyone gathered inside the tattered tents, discussing various things again.

"Miss Bai's plan was indeed very useful." Ruohan was pleased to report, "On the day the Duke of Zhen-Bei appeared in the forest, I followed Miss Bai's words and arranged a few men who had a similar stature to the Duke of Zhen-Bei to appear before normal Yun Chang soldiers. I also got them to announce themselves as the Duke of Zhen-Bei so the entire Yun Chang army's morale will panic.

Luoshang excitedly nodded. "This tactic killed two birds with one stone. The normal soldiers of Yun Chang were terrified out of their guts, spreading rumours everywhere. However, it's simply impossible for one person to appear at so many places. The ranking soldiers and generals of the Yun Chang army would all think it's an enemy's trick. Even if He Xia knows about, he'll just think it's a rumour. As long as he doesn't immediately send troops to crush us, we still have a chance to recuperate and train."

"That little thieving He Xia definitely fell for it." Sen Rong heartily laughed, "The spies reported He Xia has received urgent reports from the various locations. Not only did he not assemble his army to head for Dong Lin but immediately left for Gui Le. That just shows he doesn't believe the Duke of Zhen-Bei is truly in Dong Lin. Ha ha, all in all, Miss Bai's defence in seeing the enemy's first attack is one clever trick."

Pingting sat next to Chu Beijie. Although she was being praised again and again by everyone, her elegant expression didn't light up at all. She gently sighed, revealing a wry smile. "Pingting feels rather ashamed. If He Xia personally rushes to Gui Le, this means Pingting's plan to confuse the enemy has been seen through."

"What?" The smiles on their faces froze for a moment.

Chu Beijie lightly held onto Pingting's small hand under the table. He turned to look at Pingting, calmly laughing. "The day He Xia reaches Gui Le, the day the army of Gui Le will be destroyed. To us, it means we will never be able to get help from the troops of Gui Le. It will become a lost dream."

The Yun Chang army was increasingly growing day by day. Contrarily, the armies of Bei Mo and Dong Lin had collapsed. If even the army of Gui Le were to be crushed, then where else could they find sufficient strength to oppose He Xia's power?

They couldn't possibly go head on against Yun Chang's tens of thousands with their fifteen hundred, right?

The generals who were just celebrating over tricking He Xia instantly had their expressions darken.

If He Xia gets rid of the Gui Le army, he would no longer have anything to worry about. With Yun Chang's current strength, it was likely all rebel troops of the future would form in the palm of his hand. He could toy with them like a cat savouring its play time with a mouse.

Chu Beijie saw everyone's confidence drop. He smiled, defending Pingting. "Miss Bai's tactics are still clever, perhaps you have a way to deal with this bad situation before us?"

Pingting returned him with a gentle gaze. She sincerely replied, "Why ask me? Duke looks very confident enough, obviously already knowing a way out."

Chu Beijie broke out laughing. "You're testing me." He squeezed her hand even tighter under the table.

The Queen of Dong Lin's condition had improved slightly. She too was there, leaning propped up against a cushion. At this time, she interrupted them, "I've almost watched the Duke of Zhen-Bei grow up, so I am completely confident in the Duke's ability to lead troops. He will always calmly cope, no matter how terrible the situation is. But it's Miss Bai's abilities that I would really like to see."