NASCAR

Okay, so the other day at lunch, someone brought up the topic of sports. So I said that my favorite sport was NASCAR.  And of course, some people believe that NASCAR is not a sport, and they seemed pretty intent upon arguing with me and telling me that there is no way that NASCAR is a sport.

So, I just think you guys should know that NASCAR is most definiatly a sport.

Look at it this way, they are in a hot sweaty car, with no real breaks where they can stop and get some water, for 3 hours or more.  You have to be pretty good to do that.

Also, it's really freakin' dangerous.  They're driving these cars at almost 200 mph.  So, for those of you who swear it's just driving around in circles, think again.  It's pretty easy to crash at 200 mph. Like serioulsy, they have rules that you have to be so heavy or they'll have to weight down the car so it dosn't flip over because there's not enough weight to hold it down.  

And when you do crash in NASCAR, it can be pretty dangerous.  I've seen cars roll over 9 times. And for the record, the guy who rolled over 9 times woke up the next mourning with nothing but a stiff neck. So, these guys are pretty good.

So, next time you say something, or hear someone else say something about NASCAR not being dangerous, or that it's boring, or that it's not a sport, think about Dale Earnhardt.  If it's not a sport because of that, nothing's a sport. 

That may have come across a little angry but I get a little worked up about these things xD