Poor girl

In a day, Anabusi would lead the others to the palace. And in less than five days, Levali would be dead. 

Poor Levali, the girl they caught laughing with Method just a day ago. 

Poor Levali, the girl who they saw with flushed cheeks and bright eyes around Laelinne.

Poor Lev, the girl who they were still learning to love. 

It was too soon. How could they do this? 

They stared at the blank wall, numb. 

Poor girl. 

No, 'poor' didn't cut it. What would be her last thought before her closest friend killed her? What would she say?

Nothing?

They didn't know how much time had passed before she got up. But it was long. 

They couldn't threaten the weapons creator without risking losing her. She was the only one who knew how to use the weapon.

And they couldn't give up the mission. 

She took a deep breath. What could she do to prevent this?

They couldn't do anything. The best they could do was to tell her and make her death comfortable. Though they couldn't ever be forgiven, maybe it would prepare her.

And most of all, she had to make this girl's death worth it.  

But how could they tell her?  

They growled under their breath and cursed to keep from crying. 

They refused to cry. 

They'd done too much of it. 

Fleel. Levali is just like her. 

They raised her chin and narrowed their eyes as small tears ran down their cheek. 

But they refused to cry.