Best friends (leo x reader)

Y/N and Leo have been friends for a while. Both of them secretly have a crush on each other, but they're too chicken to admit their feelings.

"Hey, Y/N, you wanna go sit on the beach?" Leo asked.

"Sure thing, Fire Boy," she replied, smiling.

The two go sit by the water, watching the waves hit the sand. They sat there talking and laughing like they always would.

Y/N decided to see if Leo liked her or not.

"So, there's this guy at camp that I like. But I don't know how to tell him," she said casually.

Leo's smile disappeared and he looked at his hands.
"Really? What's, uh, what's his name?" He asked, not meeting her eyes.

He felt his heart shatter at the knowledge that Y/N liked someone who was not him.

Y/N could see the disappointed look in his eyes and smiled. He liked her.

"Oh you know, just a certain bad boy supreme," she said, looking at him, grinning.

He instantly perked up at those words. "Really? You mean it?" He asked with his eyes shining with hope.

"Nah, I'm just playing with ya," Y/N replied.

"Oh," he said dejectedly.

"YES, YOU IDIOT! I MEAN IT!" Y/N shouted, laughing now.

"Y/NNNN don't do that~" Leo whined.

She laughed even harder and was soon joined by Leo. She threw her arms around his neck and he hugged her waist.

"I like you, commander tool belt," she said softly in his ear.

"I like you, too, drama queen," he said with a smile in his voice.

She suddenly pulled away and looked him dead in the eye.

"I am the drama empress," she corrected, holding up a finger.

He laughed and held his hands up in surrender.
"My apologies, Your Highness."

The two laughed and hugged again.