The Escape

Thunder and Lightning roared in the distance as Kadehara Kazuha tried to flee Inazuma. The battle between his friend and the Raiden Shogun was only mere seconds ago. Kazuha fled into the mountains as a group of samurai trailed behind him. An injury from one of them slowed his progress down as he came to the mountain's cliff. 

Several Shogunate surrounded him as Kazuha slowly walked to the cliff's edge. "Surrender!" one of them shouted. "You have nowhere to run!" another shouted. Kazuha gritted his teeth and looked behind him. The intense rain clouded the cliffside in a blanket of fog.

He couldn't see just how tall the cliffside was. The Shogunate closed up on him as he was forced to fight. Kazuha seemed to have the upper hand, but when a sudden arrow strikes his shoulder, Kazuha drops to the ground. Electro surged through his wound. The rain only made it worse.

 A distant female voice echoed in the wind. "Surrender, Kadehara Kazuha and you may yet live". Kazuha looked behind him again and clenched his friend's vision. Mustering what little strength he had left, Kazuha plummeted down the cliffside.

What looked like suicide to the others, was his only escape route. Kazuha closes his eyes and braces for impact. He didn't know if the sea or the ground would collide with him. It felt like he would know in mere seconds, but something unexpected happened. 

His friend's vision lights up and envelopes him inside a barrier, saving him from the harsh collision with the sea. It acted as a safety net that kept him from drowning as he floated off into the sea.

The Vision Hunt Decree was set in motion only days ago. Those who had visions were now the targets of the Tenryou Commission. Forces of soldiers were dispatched to hunt those with visions, mainly Kazuha. He was forced to give up his vision but rebelled against them. 

His efforts caused a bounty on his head with the death of his friend making it worse. His friend had challenged the vision hunters to a duel before the throne. A solemn yet brutal challenge. He faced against the Shogun's Musou no Hitotachi, it was his only desire.

Unfortunately, he didn't survive. When Kazuha arrived at Tenshukaku he heard his friend's sentence of Divine Punishment. Right then in there maybe that was the glory he yearned to witness. Kazuha questioned what expression was on his dying friend's face as the duel ended. 

Before he knew it, Kazuha snatched the dying vision running from the scene. All he knew was that he didn't want his friend's hope that burned so brightly to become part of a god's cold statue. He fled after the duel.

Several thousand miles away in Liyue; Mina, a young girl, who recently moved from Monstadt to Liyue Harbor to find work. She was an orphan that was raised by the church. Those around her thought she would become a nun, but her rebellious nature and her love for the outdoors made her want to become an adventurer. Her strong desire to become one granted her a Cryo vision. Mina became a Catalyst user that specialized in healing. She knew a couple of attacks but nothing too impressive.

Mina asked so many parties if she could join but was turned down every time. The same response repeated over and over. "We don't want the likes of you". Maybe it was because she was inexperienced in fighting or her specialty in healing. 

There aren't many Cryo Healers around Monstadt. She was about to give up, but that changed when Mina found a job at Bubu Pharmacy. She was hired as an Assistant Healer under the tutelage of Dr. Baizhu.

She also met Qiqi there. Another healer that worked under Dr. Baizhu. After some patience she was finally able to 'friend' Qiqi. Baizhu knew that deep down Mina wanted to become an adventurer and would eventually leave for her dream. 

A/N: Hello! Please read the Intro to find out more about this Fanfic! Mina's outfit is in there as well! This is my second fanfic. If you'd like you can read my other Fanfic. 

See you soon! 

-Aria