chapter seven

Casey stands on the pitcher's mound, looking over her glove at Lily, who stands ready. She takes a deep breath, squinting as she leans back and throws a ball that Lily completely misses.

"That was horrible." Rory and Kim are laughing in the background, making Lily frown. Casey is very unamused, shaking her head in shame.

"You guys are so helpful." Casey walks over to Lily, silently explaining how to swing the ball. Rory and Kim are sitting in the dugout, eating chips.

Rory shifts her gaze towards her girlfriend. "Hey." Kim looks over to her with a small smile.

"Are you sure you're okay? Lily told me what happened. With Stephen's sister?" The other girl sighs with annoyance, rolling her eyes slightly as she sits with her back on the wall.

"Lily told you?" Rory nods with a worried look on her face.

"Look, I'm fine. I've-I've *sigh* I've made it clear that nothing happened, we don't have to talk about it. You should know that she was lying. I would never do that to you, Rory." Rory nods once more, grabbing Kim's hand.

"Ok...uh, let's forget about her, and let me ask you about that mixtape! Like it was so good, how did you know literally everything I liked?" Kim shrugs.

"I guess I just know you." Rory smile.

"I guess so."

There's a loud groan, making the two turn towards Casey and Lily, the latter running over to Casey quickly.

"Shit, I'm sorry!" Casey groans, nursing her left, already swollen eye. "FUUUUCK! YOU BITCH!" Casey starts to silently sob, curling in on herself.

"I SAID I'M SORRY!"

Rory stands up quickly, walking over to where Casey is writhing on the ground. She giggles, pulling Casey's hand from over her eye. "You alright?" Casey grunts as the others giggle.

"You're lucky that was my bad eye."

<>

They had spent that entire evening together, no one but Casey noticing their tail had disappeared. Cars ride past as the continued to walk down the dimly lit street. Kimberly and Rory walk behind the others. Casey walks with her arm around Lily's shoulder.

"So...your dad isn't a nurse...?" Lily asks, looking at Casey who looks back down at the girl, annoyed.

"No, he's like one of the top surgeons on the west coast." Lily scrunches her face.

"So why the fuck are you living in Grimsby? This is shag city." Kimberly snorts from behind them, connecting her hands with Rory's. Casey rolls her eyes. "My mom. She says the town is better when you're not living in a trailer."

"Yeah, that's fair." Casey looks back at Kimberly.

"No offense." Kimberly waves her off as Rory squeezes her hand.

"Not a big deal. The only reason we live there is 'cause the trailer park is closer to the lake. Bears, deer, fish, and every once in a while he steals a cow or two. " Rory chuckles as they continue on.

"Anyway, I think she's just nostalgic, which sucks, because I miss L.A. Even if I was raised here." Casey shrugs. The redhead squints, stopping the group for a second.

"Speaking of...you left me here last summer with James. All he did was work and practice, no sex." Kimberly gags, making Lily roll her eyes.

"No one gives a shit about whether you two had sex this summer, I hear it every night!" Lily rolls her eyes, walking forward. Rory giggles, not speaking up as Kim stuffs their hands in her pocket.