chapter thirteen

Talia pulls out the knife, and Rory gasps as she falls onto her knees. Her head leans on Talia's legs, making the other girl smile.

Pushing Rory off, she moves over to the door, unlocking it. The killer walks in, looking between Talia and Rory. They pull off their mask, and Rory closes her eyes with a pained sigh.

It's Kim. Shocker.

She holds a voice changer to her mouth. "Surprise." Rory begins to tear up, she closes her eyes and silently whispers to herself.

"I'm really, really sorry, Rory." She places the voice changer on the counter, kneeling beside Rory. Rory looks up with a glare, now holding her side. Kim shrugs, ripping off the cloak she had on.

"I don't know why you expected any less of me. Come on! Rule number one: Never trust the love interest! You know that!" Talia smirks, licking the fake blood off of her fingers. She has a knife in her hand, but holds it out for Kim.

"Rule number two?" Kimberly chuckles, grabbing the knife from Talia's hand.

"Never fuck the love interest. I warned you, gave you a chance." Rory groans, her eyes are bloodshot as new tears form on her cheek.

"I loved you, Kim. This was all just a fucking movie to you, huh?!"

Talia begins to laugh maniacally, a sinister grin on her face as Rory struggles to breathe. Kimberly notices her obvious discomfort, grabbing her hand from the wound.

"You're hurt." She turns her head to Talia. "What the fuck did you do?! I didn't tell you to stab her!" Talia scoffs, hopping on one of the counters. "The fuck do you care?"

Kimberly tucks a hair behind Rory's ear, making the other girl flinch away.

"Get me some bandages, now!" Talia rolls her eyes.

"I said now!"

The younger girl sighs, walking to her room. Kimberly looks back at Rory.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Kimberly frowns, knitting her eyebrows. She stands, grabbing a towel and wetting it in the sink.

"At first..." She scratches her head, turning back to Rory.

"At first? I wanted...fame. A legacy dead, means more than being alive. I mean...look at Sharon Tate. She was what's his face's wife until she was murdered. She was also hot, nice tits." Rory scoffs. "You're a pig." Kim hums.

Talia walks back in the room, rolling her eyes as she chucks the gauze and alcohol at the back of Kimberly's head. The other girl turns around, taking a revolver from her back pocket and shooting Talia in the shoulder.

"Don't fuckin' piss me off, you understand!?" Rory gasps as Talia groans, putting her hands on her knees to calm her breathing.

"Fuckin' dunce!"

Rory watches on nervously as Kimberly grabs the materials from the ground, placing them on the island. "As I was saying. This will be our legacy. You and me, and...Talia. Who, by the way, I didn't even wanna work with! She just wanted me to kill her brother! Which I did! Efficiently I might add." She opens the box of gauze, Talia's groaning still making Rory nervous.

"I'm gonna kill her, let you bleed out. It'll be a sob story for the ages. I'll live on, become "depressed", and then kill myself so that it gets even sadder. Have you seen those true crime blogs? They'll love me." A smile forms her face at the idea. Talia looks up from where she's now fallen to her knees for real.

"Hey! That wasn't the plan." Kimberly scoffs as she kneels back down beside Rory, wiping off the blood on her hands. She doesn't flinch this time, too tired to move away.