a flower for you

finney slides his fingers through yours, clasping your hand under the table. you turn to look at him and his lips tilt up in a knowing smile, looking straight ahead at the teacher and pretending not to feel your eyes on him.

you squeeze his hand under the table, suddenly feeling warm. finney shifts his hand so he can rub slow circles with his thumb on the back of your palm.

you haven't heard a single word the teacher has been saying. all you can focus on his finney's hand in yours.

the teacher calls your name. "do you know the answer?" the teacher repeats, pointing to the board. you sit in a stunned silence, looking to finney for support.

he's smirking. of course he is. he whispers the answer nonetheless and you repeat it. the teacher nods in approval before continuing the lesson.

"didn't know i was so distracting, hm?" finney says, smug.

"shut up." you nudge him lightly.

he walks you home after class, soaking up the sunshine as you amble through tree lined streets. on the way to your house he only lets go of your hand once, leaning over a bush on the side of the road.

"look, aren't these your favourite?" he says, plucking a flower from the bush.

"yeah." you smile, adoring the way he remembered everything about you. you loved how he was reminded of you in everything around him.

he tucks the flower above your ear, fingertips lingering near the side of your face. he stares for a long moment, eyes filled with adoration.

"a pretty flower for a pretty girl," he remarks.

"you're so cheesy," you giggle, grabbing his hand and continuing your walk.

"hey," he says, indignant. "i thought that one was good."

you roll your eyes. "whatever you say."

but you can't stop smiling.

———
[a/n]

super cliche but let's face it finney would be cliche and i love him for it