8

Royce

Kids dance around the abandoned barn, a massive fire built in the centre of the field as music blares around us and students take advantage of the nice weather.

The fire dances around, both illuminating and concealing all the people around me. Some are brought into the light, perfectly visible to all those around while others are hidden in the shadows.

Most kids are drunk out of their minds, hooking up with random people- which they'll regret come Monday when they have to face them in the halls -and nothing in their minds as they enjoy their freedom.

Me on the other hand? I'm consumed by Willow Grant.

The blonde haired, green eyed, little demon who runs around in my head and dreams. She's taken over every corner of my subconscious, my eyes are always looking for her everywhere I go, waiting to catch a glimpse at the little mystery girl I know nothing about.

She doesn't understand how intoxicating she is, how every single guy at school wants her, how every girl wants to be her. She's the centre of the universe and she doesn't even know it.

I lost track of her for years, she disappeared out of my life when I was a kid and then came storming back in during freshman year. She had changed so much, but I recognized her instantly.

Part of me feels bad for everything I've done to her, while the other part is screaming to keep pushing until I see the real her. I've always known that there's a dark part to her, the same darkness that's inside of me.

I can see it in her eyes, the flame that kicks around behind that facade she puts up for everyone. That's why I push her, to see if I'm right, and that night a couple days ago showed me that I am.

She acts so fucking innocent, like she's just this sweet little girl, like she's nothing but an angel in this world of fucked up shit. Everyone sees her as a golden girl, nothing but perfection and it pisses me off. She's dark, she's got this twisted part to her that I need in my life... I need her.

I won't stop until she's mine, until I see the real Willow, until I get her to admit that her and I are the exact same person.

Anthony sits beside me, chatting to Chase about god knows what, when I see him perk up. He taps my shoulder, and before I have the chance to snap at him, he points towards a stack of crates on the side of the barn.

I smirk, these girls are going to make senior year very interesting, and I have a feeling they're about to shake things up even more.

Willows long blonde hair is tucked beneath her hood, and a black bandana covers her face, but I could recognize her anywhere. I will admit, that night back at Anthony's it took me a second to realize who they were, but once I heard them speak, it was easy to connect the dots.

She ushers the others behind the crates, concealing themselves from the group of people, and completely out of my line of sight.

I lean forward slightly, trying to get a better view of what's happening but it doesn't work, they're completely hidden.

"What do you think they're doing?" Matteo whispers.

"Whatever it is, I'm excited to see" I reply.

I run a hand through my hair, waiting patiently to see what my little demon is cooking up for everyone. They've done some messed up things before, and I'm hoping they'll so something just as fucked up now. I want a little show.

Suddenly, the music cuts and everyone murmurs in confusion. A loud band echos from the barn where the girls are currently standing with the pile of crates scattered across the ground.