Chapter 8-

Prom was not something Eddie Munson thought he'd ever go to.

Hell, this was his second attempt at Senior year and he hadn't gone to prom last year and he definitely never expected to find himself standing out the front of the High School gym in his uncles old suit ready for prom this year.

Gareth was standing beside him, also sporting a family hand-me-down suit that used to belong to his older brother. It was cheaper than renting out a suit for the night and definitely cheaper than buying one.

"I still can't believe Chrissy Cunningham is coming to prom with me, dude." Gareth said for about the hundredth time since Eddie had picked him up 10 minutes ago.

"You and me both." Eddie replied causing his friend to roll his eyes, but Eddie could tell he was nervous. "Relax, man. Chrissy is a nice chick."

He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a packed of cigarettes, plucking one between his ringed ringers and fishing his lighter out. The second he had it lit, Gareth snatched the cigarette out his mouth and took in a deep drag before holding it out to him.

"I needed it to calm my nerves."

Eddie looked at him in amusement, "I'm afraid one puff of nicotine won't do much, man."

"Well, it's better than nothing and-"

Whatever Gareth was going to say got caught in his throat when the familiar rumble of the Dodge Challenge that they had gotten so used to hearing filled the air.

They both turned around to find the slick, black car pulling into the parking lot and Eddie couldn't stop himself from smirking at the faint sound of a heavy rock song coming from the inside of the car. He couldn't make out the lyrics, but knew it was good before the Challenger pulled up a few rows back in the closet parking spot and the engine shut off.

Chrissy was the first to step out and Gareth audibly gasped from beside him when he saw her, but Eddie was too focused on Y/N to even notice the other girl.

She was longer wearing tattered jeans or band shirts as she climbed out from behind the wheel.

The cigarette between his fingers fell to the ground, but he didn't care. All he could do was stare as she walked towards them in the most elegant dress he had ever seen.

Stunning.

That was the word he thought of the first day she stepped out the Challenger at school. The day her simple presence and daring aesthetic took him by storm. He knew the second he saw her that she was going to trouble.

All attitude and loud music. Ripped jeans and leather. She was unlike any girl he had ever met.

But, it was what's under all of that which caught him by surprise and lured him in.

She was stunning before the fancy dress and beautiful makeup. He liked her before any of that. He liked her before Jason paid him to take her out. He had liked her from the beginning. He always had.

Y/N laughed at something Chrissy said to her as the two of them crossed the carpark towards them. As she walked the fabric clung to her, hugging her curves in all the right places and Eddie found himself unable to look away.

"Wow." Y/N said, looking him up and down as the girls reached their side and Eddie found himself feeling a little self-conscious in his uncles suit. "You look good."

"You too. I mean you... you look really beautiful." He replied sincerely.

Y/N lowered her head a little, holding her arms in front of her and Eddie knew that was she was self-conscious as well. Although, he had absolutely no idea why because she was drop dead gorgeous, but he could tell she was nervous.