Chapter 18:: Beautiful

Author's POV:

You rested your head on his chest, sighing.
"Anything wrong?" He asked, his voice sounding like honey laced with sugar.
"Well... are we... dating now?" You asked.
"Us?"
"Yeah..."

"Well, aren't we?"
"We just do... some hugging and kissing? Other than that, it's all the same."
"That's how it should be though. We don't change because our relationship has upgraded."
"What changed between us then?"
"A lot... didn't it? I mean, now... I get to cherish and love you all I want. I couldn't openly hug you or kiss you before." 
"We only kissed once.."
You said but your eyes widened and a gasp escaped your lips as he pecked the corner of your mouth, smiling. 
"More than once. And I'll do this every day."

You frowned at his words but ended up smiling. His huge smile made your heart flutter and your stomach twist. You felt butterflies and tingles, happiness and comfort. 

"Tae... what if... our friendship gets ruined? I mean... I'm just worried. You know, it's easy to be a couple from friends but it's never easy to become friends again."
"We'll never have to become friends again."
He said and you wondered about his words. He caressed your cheeks and said, "Smiley. We started dating yesterday. But... I've loved you for decades. Ever since I was 5, I've cared for you. That was when we first met, remember? I only shared my snacks with you. Why do you think I did? I thought of you as a real friend as a kid. And as I grew up, the snack-sharing turned into something more. I never realized it as a kid but when I think back to all those feelings, it was always you. It'll always be you." 
"I trust you."
You smiled, pressing a soft kiss on his chest. He smiled hugging you closer. 

After what almost seemed like minutes, you both pulled away as you said, "Thank you for the tea. I'll drink it tonight. And... take care. Bye!" 
He smiled at you, waving. You turned around, ready to leave but you felt a tug in your heart. You turned around again to see him standing there with a smile. He must've noticed how hesitant and worried you looked. He walked towards you and said, "Really, I won't catch a cold. And we'll last. Trust me. I'll make us last. All my love for you that I've carried in for decades won't go in vain." 
"I've felt the same all along. Though... I don't know how much."
You spoke. He smiled, placing a kiss on your mouth, making your eyes close instantly. You felt your stomach twist as he licked your bottom lip, pulling away. 

"Goodnight, smiley."
"Goodnight... Tae." 

—Next morning 

You stared at the gate. You knew he was standing outside, wasn't he? He had to. Opening the gate, you immediately turned around but to your surprise, no one was there. A frown appeared on your face but you jolted in surprise hearing the familiar deep voice coming from the other side. 
"Here I am!"
You turned around immediately, seeing Taehyung standing there with a grin. You chuckled at him and smiled widely. Your heart fluttered when he engulfed you in a hug.

You didn't know he was this touchy? Did he restrain himself all along or what? 

Oh, he did hug you when he saw you for the first time in a decade. Understandable.

"I've waited to hug you like this for days." He spoke, pressing a kiss on your forehead.
"God, you're so clingy!" 
"Did you never realize this before?"
He asked. You chuckled, shaking your head.
"Not really. Though you always held my hands and touched me often... I thought it was normal for you. But..."
"It's open and obvious hugging and kissing now?"
He asked, smiling. You nodded making him laugh.
"Let's go, hmm?" He asked, holding your hands. You nodded as you both walked to the University. 

You loved the morning scenery of the town. Every morning, the food stalls were opened on the side of the roads and kids and adults were seen walking to their estimated institutions. The people opening the shops came into view and walking further, you saw some middle-aged men and women exercising in the fenced park beside the roads. You both walked beside the flower garden and passed a small restaurant which opened a few minutes ago. 
Beautiful clouds were seen all over the sky, there were sudden waves of breeze cooling down your burning body.