𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗭𝗲𝗿𝗼

Hidden behind a pile of books, a teenage girl scanned her eyes through the text before her, blonde hair falling out of its plait and clouding her vision

Hidden behind a pile of books, a teenage girl scanned her eyes through the text before her, blonde hair falling out of its plait and clouding her vision. They had a job they had to get done tomorrow and so far the research was going well, despite how long it was taking. Pen in hand, she scribbled down some more notes, taking only important ones that would be crucial for their current job.

Beside her sat her best friend, Aaliyah, groaning quietly as she complained about how much reading they were doing. The two had been friends ever since they first joined the agency, being roommates and instantly clicking. All their time was spent together, jobs, research and even living. While Sabrina was more practical and enjoyed doing the research as well as the capturing of ghost's sources, Aaliyah was the opposite, preferring the action.

When Aaliyah let out another loud groan, this time banging her head onto the table in exasperation, Sabrina looked up. She raised her brow at her friend, shaking her head as she closed her book, deciding now was the time to stop, she didn't want her best friend to get a concussion.

The sound of a rapier being drawn made her gaze snap to the other end of the library, noticing familiar faces. A scowl formed on her features as she instantly recognised him, being at the centre of drama, as usual. They had a past and surprisingly, they were once friends but when something happened to him he shut her out and their once friendly glances turned cold and full of hostility. It was upsetting at first but now the hatred towards him filled her entirely, he gave up on their friendship, he was at fault.

Opposite him stood Kipp's, the second most egotistical person she'd ever met, Lockwood being first. Kipp's worked with her at the agency, but while he worked with his group, she stuck by Aaliyah and rarely worked with groups. The only time they worked in a group was if the job they were going on required it because it was too dangerous otherwise.

"Her name's Lucy. My name's Lockwood, and you need a ladder." Lockwood announced and Aaliyah looked briefly at her friend, wanting to know her reaction. It seemed the boy had a new coworker, hence the unfamiliar face beside George. Despite the conflict between the two, she remained friendly with his best friend, George, and often when he was researching she and Aaliyah would join him. They had met when he worked at Fittes, remaining friends despite him being asked to leave.

Kipp's furrowed his brows, confused at this statement as he eyed Lockwood wearily, unsure of his next move. "Uh...no, I don't." His response was quieter than before as the boy smirked.

Like a cheshire cat, he grinned. "Yes, you do." With that, Lockwood used his own rapier to hook around his opponent's, taking his distraction as an invitation to send it upwards, embedding the blade into the ceiling while the others gaped at him. That same proud grin tugged at his lips as he placed the weapon into its usual location, allowing the group to try get it back down. He and his group grabbed their things and went to leave the library.

Finally looking away from the agency, Aaliyah frowned as she noticed Sabrina's expression, shaking her head at her friend's hopeful smile. "We are not stalking your ex best friend just for you guys to argue again." She instantly announced, placing her hands on her hips.

"I never said you had to come with me." Sabrina grinned, grabbing her papers and placing them into her bag as she hurried out of the room.

Standing momentarily stunned for a few seconds, Aaliyah snapped out of it and widened her eyes. "Oh for fucks sake, wait for me."

Catching up to her friend, she walked by her side as they made their way to the exit of the library. Lockwood had just handed Lucy some money as he hurried away, leaving the two friends alone and stunned. This should've been a sign for the two girls to walk away and return home to prepare, but, Sabrina never backed away from making his life hell. So, she followed him down the street, walking a little bit fast to catch up with his pace.

"Setting a house on fire, thats a new low for you, Lockwood." Sabrina announced her presence, stepping into time with his strides while Aaliyah rolled her eyes at her friend, wishing she would've stayed at home.

"It was an accident and it doesn't really concern you, Sanderson." Lockwood quipped, hiding the hurt he felt at their joint hostility.

"Well, like I said before, you won't last two minutes. First it's burning down a house the next it's becoming an arsonist." Sabrina commented, sending him a grin, the same grin that used to make his insides hurt.

He had become used to her jabs over the year, they barely hurt anymore, in fact it sent a weird flood of adrenaline, like this was a game between them. "That's not going to happen, we'll prove you wrong." Lockwood shrugged, turning his head to look at the girl beside the blonde, Aaliyah. The girl merely raised her hand in a small wave, unsure what she was meant to be doing. "Why are you even here? Going to confess your undying love for me?"

A scoff passed by her lips as she stood in front of him, stopping his pathway so he had no choice but to stop walking. "The day I confess my undying love to you of all people is the day I have been body snatched." Sabrina's voice was low as she spoke to him, hatred seeping into her words. "Besides, we were going to the shop, I'm hungry and we just so happened to see you and your giant ego from afar. You need to get over yourself Lockwood, everything isn't always about you."

Aaliyah's eyes widened as she watched her friend push past the boy, roughly barging into him as she went into the shop beside him. Pausing momentarily, she stared at the stunned boy before rushing after her friend. Entering the aisle where the meal deals were located, she found her friend, not surprised to see her angrily staring at a bottle of peach iced tea.

"When we get home, want to watch endless movies until we inevitably fall asleep because neither of us can manage all nighters?" Aaliyah asked slowly, grabbing a wrap from the fridge's shelf.

"Absolutely." Sabrina grinned, grabbing ahold of the drink as well as a chicken wrap, following Aaliyah down the aisle to grab some more snacks.

Words~1127.
{edited:no}