𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Squinting against the harsh light beating down on her, she groaned and forced her body into an upright position, faintly recognising the room she was in

Squinting against the harsh light beating down on her, she groaned and forced her body into an upright position, faintly recognising the room she was in. Beside her, she heard someone whisper about being careful as she tried to recall what had happened. She was on the sofa in the living room, Lockwood by her side, his brows furrowed in concern as he hovered next to her, scared she was going to drop at any moment.

That made her memory come back, recalling the moments prior.

It had been a warm day, rare to say they lived in England, and they wanted to make the most of it. They had made plans to go for a walk, wanting to go to the new bakery that had just opened down the road. Before they left, they had told his parents where they were going and their plans, mumbling a quick goodbye before leaving.

The walk had been nothing spectacular, they basked in the sun's rays shining down on them. They had spoken about their plans for the rest of the day, wanting to make cookies as his parents had just bought some chocolate chips with their weekly shop, which opened up a perfect opportunity for them.

Sabrina could recall going to the bakery, Lockwood immediately stating her usual order, cinnamon buns, he knew they were her favourite. The thought of him remembering her favourite foods made her weak in the knees but she has to remind herself the feelings were not reciprocated and she couldn't ruin the friendship they had, she liked him too much to let him go.

After their brief journey to the bakery, they'd returned home, Lockwood grabbing a daisy to put in her hair when they'd passed the flower. The actions had made her blush but she hoped she could blame it on the warm weather.

However, as they got closer to his house she felt the heat take a toll on her, reminding her that she'd forgotten to drink water. Such mundane and everyday tasks were easily forgotten and times like this reminded her she needed to be more organised. She had a splitting headache and she felt dizziness wash over her.

Reminding herself they weren't that far away, she continued. Yet, she only made it to the entrance before her body collapsed underneath her, faintly recalling Anthony calling out her name worriedly as her vision went black.

Now, she was on his sofa, chuckling awkwardly as she swung her legs over the sofa, resting against the floor. A glass of water had been handed to her and he was encouraging her to drink it as he complained about how serious it had been.

As usual, he dramatised the events, claiming that she had almost died and he was certain she was not going to make it through the night.

Unimpressed, the girl just took another sip of her drink. "You worry too much." Sabrina had told him, shaking her head, although there was no doubt that she had a smile tugging on her lips.

Anthony merely raised his brow at the girl. "With you, I have to be, not drinking during such a day. That was stupid." He chastised her as she smiled innocently, hoping he would let it go.

Sabrina was right, his faux annoyance could never last long around her. After all, the smallest of smiles could wash away any negative emotions the boy felt, she had that effect on him. Sometimes he wondered if she knew, his actions spoke louder than his words could ever do, surely she could sense the admiration he felt?

Once Lockwood had finally come around, he pulled his body into a sitting position, groaning at the dull ache in his shoulder. The memories came back immediately and he checked himself over, certain he had not been caught underneath the broken rubble that lay around them. Their joint flares had caused a disaster within the room, it was hard to decipher what was broken and what was spared.

His eyes squinted slightly as they scanned the room, noticing that Lucy was slapping George in an attempt to drag him from his unconscious state. When his eyes moved once again, he noted that the familiar blonde haired girl was out of sight. Trying to calm his sudden quickening heart rate, his eyes moved once again to where he faintly recognised the two missing people.

That's when he saw her, pale and unmoving with Aaliyah worriedly shaking her and mumbling threats, in what appeared to be an attempt to wake the girl. Both girls remained unaware to the pair of eyes solely trapped on them, worry etched onto the person's features. Lockwood was unsure how long he had been carefully watching the two, examining their every move to check that he didn't miss the slightest movement.

Finally, he let out a quiet breath of relief as she carefully pulled herself into a sitting position. Despite how often he had seen her faint over the years, due to her forgetfulness when it came to basic human functions (like drinking water) he never got used to her unmoving and pale form, constantly reminding him of her. He had to shake that thought away, she was here, she was okay and most importantly, she was alive.

Once she had seemingly come to grasp reality, her eyes darted towards his and he sent her a small smile as she broke their eye contact. He couldn't dwell on it as Lucy and George rushed over to their friend, questioning if he was okay. Despite the conversations occurring right at his side, he couldn't shake of the nausea that had risen from the sight of her unmoving form.

The thought of endless possibilities haunted him, he was unsure what he would do if anything seriously bad ever happened to her.

To say he claimed he didn't care, his thoughts and actions contradicted his statement.

"Come on, lets get out of here." Aaliyah whispered to Sabrina who nodded, allowing her to help her stand up, despite the wave of nausea that followed.

The two Fittes agents did not need to ask one another if they were okay, knowing they equally hated the pathetic gesture. They were not the most affectionate but they made it clear they cared for one another through their actions. It did not take words for them to communicate, they knew how the other was feeling and words were just pathetic wastes of time.

Words~1086.
{edited:no}