If Meggy Was in Splatoon 3 (1)

The streets of Inkopolis were quiet. Not many inklings were wandering the streets this morning, and the sun had still barely come up in the sky.

Most that were up by this time were either rookies preparing for the season to begin, and whoever was left, were the retired ones, just enjoying the cool morning breeze.

There was a small area, however, that had been fenced off, and a bunch of floodlights were set up to set the scene like something was being recorded.

A lone inkling walked into the open street and was wearing clearly expensive equipment on him. He looked around wordlessly for a moment, turning suddenly to a shadow looming over him.

Coming down from above, was Mario, and he was holding a Splattershot filled with red paint.

He shot a blast at the Inkling, taking him out and landed gracefully on the ground.

Mario: Got him!

???: And...Cut!

Mario softens the expression on his face and turns to the director sitting in a chair facing him.

Miyamoto: Great work...SUPAH STAR!!

Miyamoto, the CEO of Nintendo, jumps out of his chair and lifts Mario off the ground in a crushing hug.

Miyamoto: This new Mario x Splatoon crossover game is going to be so good!!

He turns to the crew standing nearby with all sorts of equipment.

Miyamoto: That's a wrap everyone! I want this place cleaned up as soon as possible! Wouldn't want to keep the city backed up, would ya?

He then turns to Mario.

Miyamoto: I'll see you next time we make a Mario game, super star!

He walks off and climbs into an expensive car before driving off.

Mario is left in the middle of the set as the crew cleaned up around him.

Mario: *sigh* Who knew spending the week here would be so tough? At least today was the final day. Man that was sure fun.

He walked in the opposite direction Miyamoto went and walked into a building where he took a seat at a bar counter.

The barista there had gotten to know him over the past week and knew exactly what he wanted and had it served to him just a few minutes after walking in.

He sat around, chatting with the crew he had been working with, enjoying his drink until the sun was all the way up in the sky.

He stretched, and thanked the barista by giving a generous tip, then walked out of the bar, smelling the fresh scent of the nearby ocean.

Mario: I'm gonna miss this place. It's actually so cool here. I wish I had visited sooner.

He turned his back and began to walk towards the train station, but was surprised when he heard footsteps coming towards him quickly. He didn't even finish turning around when he felt himself get pushed over and fell to the ground.

Mario: Oof! What the!?

He turned around and sat up to see who had pushed him over, and this orange inkling was staring down at him, beaming a bright smile.

Meggy: Mario! There you are! You have no idea how glad I am to see you! We've been looking everywhere for you! We're here to save you, and-

Mario: I'm sorry, who are you?

Meggy recoiled for a second, clearly surprised. She thought her friend must've forgotten what she'd looked like as an Inkling.

Meggy: Mario, it's me, Meggy.