If Meggy Was In Splatoon 3 (3)

Meggy: Not delivered? Huh...

Meggy stared at her phone screen a bit confused that her message never went through to SMG4.

Mario: Maybe he's just experiencing bad reception where he is?

Meggy: He can't be any further than five blocks away. That can't be possible.

Mario: Try calling him?

Meggy: I'll try.

Meggy tried calling SMG4 through his contact, but the phone didn't even ring. It went straight to Voicemail.

Mario: No answer?

Meggy: Straight to Voicemail.

She sets her phone back down and turns to Mario worriedly.

Meggy: He might be in trouble.

Mario: Then we need to save him.

Meggy; You think-?

Mario: Nintendo.

Meggy: Great...

Mario: What even caused this all to start anyways?

Meggy: I...

Meggy looks away, clearly embarrassed.

Meggy: I pissed them off when I saved you from them the first time because...I didn't want to lose you.

Mario: So all of this...Was caused by you?

Meggy: Red...I'm...

Mario: It's okay. We'll figure a way out of this.

The two of them take off in the direction Meggy believed SMG4 had went. While they were briskly walking, Mario turned to Meggy curiously.

Mario: So you came...Because you didn't want to lose me?

Meggy was taken aback for a moment, and had to take a second to respond.

Meggy: O-Of course! Why wouldn't I save your butt when you need it?

Mario: Because...Over the past couple months...It just seemed like we weren't agreeing as much over even the simple things...I even started to believe that you were starting to hate me.

Meggy's expression changed to one of worry and slung an arm around him.

Meggy: Red, I would never stop being your friend. You matter way too much to me.

Mario: I...Do?

Meggy: Yes! Why do I love y—I mean Like you so much then?

Mario: Did you just say-?

Meggy: N-Nothing. It was nothing.

She turns away from him, clearly a bit embarrassed. They didn't stop walking however, and Mario kept silent, not wanting to make things more awkward.

Mario: *thoughts* She "loves" me? Huh...

He walks beside her wordlessly, trying not to think too hard on what she said, but it was beginning to get to him too much. He had to say something, or else it would eat him up.

Mario: Meggy?

Meggy: Hm?

Mario: Why did you say that you—

Meggy: Oh boy...

Meggy turns away, shielding her face from him.

Mario: Is...There something that I've been missing lately?

Meggy: ...No one else but SMG4 knows this...So please just keep it between you and me for now?

Mario: Uh...Sure thing.