Chapter Eight- Where we all met (Two)

Meera:

But of course. Of course Karan's brother had to be Kabir. Of course I had to kiss him the other night so sure that I would never see him again.

Shit.

Shit.

And he's just standing there talking to my parents and smiling his ever so charming stupid dimpled smile.

Ugh.

"Kabir this is Meera." Karan introduced us after introducing me to his parents.

Am I supposed to act like I don't know him? No, I couldn't lie to Karan. I suck at lying anyways. I always end up stuttering. 

Before I could make up my mind Kabir very casually said "Hey Meera! How have you been?" like he's known me forever.

"You guys know each other?" Karan asked confused.

Yet again before I could say anything again Kabir said "Ya Sanah and I got Arya's dollhouse from her."

How was this guy doing it? How was he so casually chatting as if he hadn't just gone on a date and kissed the girl his brother was meeting for marriage?

"Oh sweet! What a small world. That dollhouse was just amazing Meera" Fahad said smiling.

I nodded and smiled not trusting myself to speak. Did I look uncomfortable. I felt so uncomfortable. This choker around my neck seemed to be really staying true to its name. 

Dad asked Karan something about his work so he moved closer to the adults to answer as did Fahad, leaving me with you know who.

"Hey!" he said smiling at me cheekily.

"Hi how have you been?" I replied trying to look very nonchalant but dying on the inside. 

"You mean since you kissed me and ran away?" he smirked

"Shush" I said frantically looking around if anyone had heard him. Stupid stupid boy

"Ha ha don't worry no one heard! It's fine. I was going to message you but I wasn't so sure you wanted to talk to me"

He wanted to message me. Ugh my silly heart just melted a little. What was it about this boy that made me all dizzy?

"It's not that. I just, I had a great time that night but also your brother... I mean we're meeting each other ... you know... arranged marriage and all" I started stuttering. 

"Ya, I mean I didn't know, obviously. He had mentioned something but I don't always listen to what he's saying! So what you like him?"

How direct can he be?

"What? I don't know...We've hardly met. He seems lovely"

"Oh ya he's lovely alright. If you're looking for Mr Perfect then you've got just that" he said a little snarkily if you asked me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked frowning. I honestly didn't know much about Karan so any insight seemed like a good idea. 

"Nothing. I'm just saying. Great guy, started his own business recently. Following in Papaji's footsteps like the ideal son should and all that. I'm sure he'll be the perfect husband too"

Now I remembered him mentioning his brother being an architect who just started his own firm and how he didn't really want to work with him. Long family drama he had said. Just the fact that these two were brothers was enough drama for me. 

"Look I don't know about all that. But he seems great and all but..." why did I stop at but?

"But there's no spark" he said grinning