vii. THE WHOLE TIME

THE CRYING was something Finney stopped, sniffling before he raised his head up

THE CRYING was something Finney stopped, sniffling before he raised his head up. Kit and Finn were both inches apart. They just stayed quiet, staring at each other. Kit gulps, nervousness running through his body. "I'm sorry I got you into this mess. This is all my fault."

Kit nods as he brought his hand to cup the side of Finn's cheek. "None of this was anyone's fault. This kind of stuff happens to...a lot of people." He explains with a small shudder. That was the sad reality. It did happen a lot, way too much. Sometimes people are just so sick in the head.

"Even if we don't get out of here. We'll...We'll get through everything together. Okay?"

Before he could speak again, the phone rings, alerting Finney. He grabs the phone before sitting back down, holding it between him and Kit's ears. "What?" He asks. "Hey, guys. What's happening?" They both immediately recognized the voice instantly.

"Robin?"

"Hey. Don't cry. I can see you. I'm with you both. I've been with you this whole time." Robin explains to them. "You have?" Finney asked him. "A man never leaves a friend behind. My dad didn't leave his buddies behind when he went to 'Nam. That's why he didn't come home. And I'm not coming home, either. And I'm not going to leave you behind."

Kit sighs, "We'll be together again soon." He let out before looking down. "Fuck that. You two ain't gonna go like I did." He angrily states. "Robin. We've tried everything. Nothing's worked. I cant walk..I can only limp. I feel like passing out. I am tired, Robin. We are tired." Kit explained, groaning in pain.

"Do you remember what I told you?"

"That me and Kit need to see Texas Chain Saw Massacre?"

"Before that."

They both think, until they stumbled a memory. "You need to learn how to stand up for yourself. And Kit, you need to not be afraid."

"That someday I have to stand up for myself." "And that I need...to stay honest."

" "Someday" is today, guys. Today's the day you stop taking shit from anybody." He explains to them both.
"I don't even think I can get up, Robin." Kit let out. "We're not strong."

Robin denies, "you have to be. You're getting out of here. If you two can't do it for you, do it for me."

"What does it matter?" Finney asked. "Because I don't want to die for nothing. I want to at least have died for my friends. And because I can't kill that hijo de puta, you two have to do it for me." He explained to them.

Kit furrows his eyebrows, "how exactly are we gonna do that?" He asked. "You're gonna use a weapon. The one in your hand." Robin responds. They glanced at the phone, "fill the receiver with dirt. Pack it in tight. Give it some heft." He says.

"Then what?"

"Kit already knows how to fight. So you practice over and over. You raise the phone. Take a fast step back. Step forward, step back and swing." Robin rambled.

"Try it."

"Now?"

"Yes."

"You raise the phone. Take a fast step back. Step forward, step back and swing."

Finney stands up, repeating the steps.

"Again. You raise the phone. Take a fast step back. Step forward, step back and swing."

He does it another time.

"Again. You raise the phone. Take a fast step back. Step forward, step back and swing."

Kit watches with a proud smile. "Again. You raise the phone. Take a fast step back. Step forward, step back and swing."

He swings with a grunt, "you got it. Now fill the phone with dirt like I told you."

Finney sits back down, Kit trying to sit himself up. "Will we still be able to talk with you?" He asked, helping Kit sit up.

"This was the last call, guys. It's all you two from here on out." He let out in a sad tone. "We miss you, Robin." Kit let out. "Then get out for me. Use what we gave you." He says.

"And Kit."

He listens to Robin, "remember what I told you." Kit went quiet before he nods. "I-I will."

"Bye, guys." Robin finally said. "Bye, Robin." They say in sync before the phone clicked. Finney stood up as he rips the cord, walking towards the back to fill it up with dirt.

Kit brings himself up with a painful groan, his ankles stinging as his feet put weight on the ground. "You got it?" Finney asks from afar. "Mhm." He nods, trying to walk which only resulted into painful limping.

The lights turn on, making Finney race back to the phone and grab it. Kit chose not to sit, he wanted to get use to the pain. The door creaks open, not revealing the grabber this time.

It was another white male, a mustache and brown hair. "No fucking way." The man let out. "I knew that he was hiding something from me down here, but holy Mary, mother of God." He explains in shock.

"Please, help. My leg." Kit says, limping towards him. C-Can you call my dad? Call my sister?" Finney asked him. "Oh, listen. Don't worry, he's not here. He-He had to go into work. Uh, I'm Max, man. Stay...stay calm. No wonder he was freaking out this morning."

He looks at them both. "Hey, you want to know the story about how I found you two?" They both nod, seeing a shadow behind him. "No, no, no, no..." He mutters.

"Behind you!" Kit exclaims. Before Max could even look, an axe went straight through his head. Finney screams in fear while Kit gasped, his eyes widen in shock, immediately limping back as quickly as he could.

"Look what you two made me do. You made me kill my brother."

—LIV!
😕😕rip max