Thursday

"So, once everyone's here we can start a bit of food, but drinks are free-flowing all weekend so get your self going!" Andrew's 40th celebrations were beginning. He and Tuc had rented a big house in the Hamptons and invited a gang of friends to celebrate. I'd driven up on the Thursday evening after meetings all day and I was very prepared to let my hair down a little.

The weekend seemed pretty jam packed, drinks tonight, he wanted to go for a walk tomorrow (as the weather was meant to be cooler) caterers were sorting a meal on the Friday night, Saturday was beach day and then headed out to a bar before chilling Sunday morning and heading back to the city.

"Amazing. Sorry I'm so bloody early, I couldn't wait to get here"

"Gosh don't apologise. There'll be more people here soon, Christian and Michelle are heading over after curtain tonight, but it's not a late one so should be here for like 11.30. Shall I show you your room?" He seemed relaxed and yet excited, I wasn't in the routine of being on stage and starting at 11.30 made me tired at the thought. Being part of the theatre lot Andrew and I had know each other for years, everyone ends up knowing everyone, you meet at opening nights, backstage, awards, galas - one big family. When we were first in New York, Andrew and I had lived together and we'd been in each others lives for the last 12 years. I'd been in a few things with some of the other people - Christian and I were in my first ever show, his first big thing too but it had been a while since I'd seen him.

A few hours later, I was tipsy, the house was full and the last car had pulled up. We headed outside to greet the last of the guests, Drew opened the taxi door to Christian who was holding an open bottle of champagne and his glass full "happy birthday buddy!" He cheered before getting out of the car. They hugged and I had to do a double take. What the fuck had happened to slight geeky scrawny Christian Borle? He looked beyond hot! He was always a charmer, but now his looks matched. His hair was longer, his body looked incredible, his arms were huge and the remains of his stage eyeliner had me weak at the knees.

"Hello sweetheart, not seen you in a while" he crooned, giving me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek "you look as beautiful as ever" he added before heading in and I stood blushing, and lost for words. Andrew followed and playfully closed my mouth with an eye roll.

Everyone settled in I took a moment to check my emails on my phone sat on the bed in my room. I was sharing with Drew's sister - she'd dumped her stuff and not been back up.

"Awh your room is much bigger than mine" Christian was at the door.

"Yes but I have a single bed and have to share the room" I gestured to the bed next to me.

"Poor thing" he tilted his head to one side. "What cha doing?"

"Emails" I frowned.

"At midnight? Don't be silly" he came and took my phone off of me and popped it in his pocket. "Come on. Live a little. Put work aside for the weekend and let's have some fun" he grabbed my hand and pulled me up as I tried to get my phone back from his jeans and we wrestled a little. "Ooh, It's gonna take a few more drinks for you to get in my pants" he teased and I stood with my hands on my hips. "Only a few though, come on, I'll find us one and maybe if you're good I'll let you have it back" he had that sexy impish smile on his face as he practically skipped off.

We spent the rest of the night flirting wildly, everyone was a bit drunk, I was the most hammered I'd been in a while. Christian was being very flirty, his hand was currently resting on my leg, which I'd draped over his lap on the outdoor sofa. Everyone was sat outside around a fire pit, and as much as the fire was beautiful, I was starting to get a little chilly.

"You cold?" Christian asked snuggling me close and pulling me further onto his lap. He reached behind his head for the blanked draped over the cushions and I swallowed hard at the sight of his biceps. "Here" he spread the blanket out and held me close. God he smelt good.

"If you two are under a blanket I want hands in sight at all time" Tuc called from across the fire.

I waved my hands towards him, Christian looked down at me with a grin and showed one hand "full disclosure, the others on her ass" he joked as he squeezed me under the covers and I squealed a little.

We sat about telling stories and everyone catching up, I felt myself drifting off slightly, totally comfortable in Christian's arms, wildly drunk and not used to the theatre schedule of lates nights. As Christian got up to use the bathroom, Drew took his place next to me.

"How drunk are you?" He asked with a stern look.

"Not so drunk that I don't know what I'm doing"

"But do you know what he's doing?" He chastised as Christian headed back over and sat down next to us.

"I guess he's trying to work his magic" I giggled.

"And is it working?" Christian playfully looked excited.

"Maybe" I grabbed his cheeks and gave his face a smush.

"Just don't do anything silly - both of you. We have the whole weekend" he sat back a little.

"I'm not that drunk" I got close to Christian again.

"I know. And I'm not that guy either. I'm not one to take advantage of even slightly drunk girls" he got very close to my neck and mumbled in my ear "no matter how hot they look, or how hard they're making me as they squirm in my lap" he pulled my legs over his and I wriggled as he tickled the back of the knees and raised his eyebrows my way in a 'see' kinda way.