Reverie

The ice turned less slippery with every step I took into the circle, the key lying in the middle of the circle. Puffs of air flew from my mouth, the result of the enveloping cold that was turning my fingers purple. 

The ice swirled around me and then whooshed forward, bringing me along with it. 

Jax!

I turned around, facing an entirely different scene, the ground now a bright emerald green, a hot summer wind taking over the atmosphere, the sky turning a light blue and streaking with clouds that definitely weren't there before. 

Jax!

I looked down and was no longer in the clothes that Wilson had given me. My outfit had turned into a white tee with a jean sweater and black ripped jeans, accompanied by fancy white shoes. Seriously, they were blinding white and it hurt my eyes to look at them. 

There you are! Are you deaf or something? I've been calling your name forever!

A silhouette appeared before me, just a black outline of somebody. I stumbled backward as the black figure leaned in for a hug. 

Jax?

"Who are you?"

Jax, what are you talking about? It's me. _____

It was definitely a girl, but the moment she tried to say her name, her voice distorted, glitching as if it was part of a game. 

"Your name..."

What's wrong with my name?

"I don't know who you are."

What are you talking about, Jax?

"You're... you're fading."

The bright scene closed, enveloped by sudden darkness, as the silhouette fell out of sight. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jax! What are you doing? Help me!

.

.

.

.

.

.

 Jax! Please, don't let them hurt me. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

What happened to forever, Jax?

.

.

.

.

.

.

Traitor. 

.

.

.

.

.