Chapter 2: The Party (pt. 2)

A/N: umm hope you like it!

POV: Melody Madrigal

"Mom, I'm home!" I shouted, walking into La Casa Madrigal. My aunt Isabella was making flowers pop up around the house, and Grandma Pepa had a light rainbow over her head. That was a good sign. 

"I'm in the kitchen, Melody!" She called back. I could hardly hear her with the bustle of the house. Everyone still lived here- my parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles... the only person who didn't live here was Abuela (and may she rest in peace). But our house is crazy enough. 

I walked into the kitchen where my mom was helping my Grandma Julieta make dinner. Grandpa Agustin was at the table. 

"Um, mom, I know I'm only 12-"

"If it's a party, I already told you no, Corazón. You're too little." 

"Mom!"

"Melody, your mom is right. You're only 12." Grandma Julieta said.

"But all of the other girls are going to be there-"

"And how old are they?" My mom asked.

"Uh, the youngest one who IS going is 15. I wish the youngest girl going was 12, but whatever," I sighed, "I think the oldest girl is 18."

"And is there just girls?"

"Ugh, Mamí. Fine, there will be boys. Youngest is 17, oldest is almost 18." I said.

"Melody, corazón, I'm sorry, but you can't go. That's that, no debate to it." My mom said firmly.

"But-"

"Melody, you're too stubborn sometimes, you know that?" Uncle Bruno (YESSS BRUNOOO) said jokingly as he walked into the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh Melody, you're growing up too fast, we don't need another teenager in the house."

~ ~ ~

McKenzie Fitzherbert's POV

I finished putting on my light purple dress. I looked in the mirror and twirled around for a minute, admiring my reflection. I put on a necklace and a few gold rings on. I also put on some makeup. I put some pink blush, some pink lip gloss, some mascara, and a little bit of sliver eyeshadow on the little crevice part of my eye. I curled my blonde hair so it was wavy.

My nails were a mint green color and it went along very prettily with my lilac-colored dress. I grabbed my phone and looked at what time it was. 7:23 P.M. I still had about 20 minutes until I needed to leave for Noah's party. I went onto the group chat after my phone buzzed. Surprisingly, the message wasn't from the group chat, it was from my best friend.

elleeeey: What are u wearing to the party?

kenzie quinny: my purple dress, what bout you

elleeeey: A white sweater and a blue skirt

elleeeey: you have a bunch of purple dresses, which one are you wearing?

kenzie quinny: you'll seee

elleeeey: okayyyyy

I slipped on some Nike Air Forces and looked back down at my phone. I could probably leave right now.

Lora 💋: can I come now?

birthday buddy (Noah): sure!

Lora 💋: K, ty!

elleeeey: I'll be there soon

birthday buddy (Noah): great!

I quickly read the texts from the group chat and put a purple hair clip in my hair before walking out of my bedroom. "Hey, mom, I'm going to go to that party now." I said as I walked down the stairs.