chapter 8

Y/N's POV

After leaving Hailee's house i went straight to mine.I wanted to stay there and take care of her but there was another one doing that and not me but idc about that at least she's better.All of this is my fault.I was being selfish and didn't care about her.I mean how stupid can you be leaving someone who came in the middle of the rain to your house to apologize and you just tell them to get out.

It was 10pm and i texted Ella if Hailee was okay and she said she was better than ever.That made me feel so much better.I was sitting on my couch thinking about to text her to go and visit but she texted me first.

fav gym member 🏋️‍♂️💙
do you want to come over
and talk?
                                                                         You
                                              yes yes do you want me to 
                                               bring you anything ?

fav gym member🏋️‍♂️💙
nope im okay

                                                                         You
                                              okay then i'll see you

Even tho she said she didn't want anything i still went to my favorite donut shop and got her some.
They were warm and are the best donuts i've ever eaten and i knew she couldn't resist them.

I knocked on her door and when she opened a smile just appeared on my lips.
"Hi"i say and look at her eyes god i missed staring at them for hours.
"Hi"she says"Come on in."
I thought Ella was going to be here but it was just us.
"I know you said you didn't want anything but i got you donuts.I don't know which taste you like so i got all of them.They are warm and they really help when you get sick."
"Thank you Y/N i appreciate it."she says and sitts down.
"Hailee i'm really sorry for being such an asshole.I know that some donuts aren't going to fix anything.I fucked everything up and you got sick because of my stupid actions."i say while tears keep streaming down my face. "I was being selfish and i forgot about your feelings.And i want to be your friend,your bestfrie-."i get interrupted cause Ella walks in.It's like every time each of us wants to finishes that sentence someone walks in.

"Sorry i forgot my keys."Ella says as i try to wipe my tears and Hailee looks at me then at Ella.
"Okay bye now."
"Good night Ella."we both say.

"Y/N there's nothing you should apologize for.We started this with the wrong foot but we'll try again and me being sick isn't your fault.It's because of the rain and i get sick easily."

When she said all of these i felt a warm feeling in my heart.Her soft gaze and the smile she gave me made me the happiest person on earth.

"Now what do you say we watch himym and eat the donuts you brought."she said and pulled me in the couch.I wasn't feeling like eating but Hailee was playing airplanes around my mouth and when i would open up she would make an adorable face.

"I should be the one doing this for you.You're the sick one."i say and stop her by grabbing her hand and turning the donut in her side.
"Open up here comes the plane."i say and she takes it off my hand by her mouth and eats it.We both laugh at this cute moment.We were so taken by this that none of us noticed in what position we were.

I was sitting on her lap and her hands were on my hips but then in an awkward silence i move back in the couch.

I pressed play on the show and felt hailee come closer to me.She rested her head on my shoulder and took one of my hands to play with it.While watching the show she says:
"So i saw your story with that girl."she said that girl enviously and it made me laugh but i wanted to play the game.
"Oh yea Harper."
"Mhh Harper nice name.The dancing around each other looked really passionate.Is she your girlfriend?"she asks and i choke on my water.
"No she isn't my girlfriend we just kissed and slept at my apartment the other day."hailee was looking at me.
"Is that so?"
"We slept but not in that way we just fell asleep while watching a show.I don't like her in that way.Why are you so interested anyway?"
"No reason just curious."

The next morning i woke up by her bed and tried to search for her with my arm but it was empty.No one was there.I woke up in a rush trying to see what happened but then i catch her cooking breakfast and singing you give love a bad name by Bon Jovi.
I didn't want to interrupt so i leaned against the door and watched as she was pretending to play a guitar.
She was shaking her head like a rock star and moving her legs bythe rhythm of the music.
"That's the best fake air guitar i've ever seen."
i say making her jumb a little.
"Jeez how long have you been there."
"Long enough to see you dancing and singing."i say and she sights in embarrassment.

"Anyway what're you doing?"
"Since i woke up before you i made waffles.Now before you say anything i'm not good at cooking like at all so don't judge."she says as she puts the plates on the table.It was such a cute gesture of her.
"Don't worry i won't judge i'm sure they're great."
We ate in silence but not in an awkward one.

"Good job Steinfeld.They were the best waffles i've ever eaten."
"Are you saying that to not make me feel bad?"
"Nope i mean it."
"I'm glad you liked them."she says and looks at me with her smile.

That smile makes life worth living.It fixes all of my problems and makes my day better.

We both head to the gym and this is our last session.I'm sad that i don't get to see her anymore but i have a good feeling about this.Like idk we're going to talk more and be closer.Time will tell.

A/N:Yeah time will tell fr.Are y'all liking this so far?
I need opinionsssss.🫡🫡🫡