Chapter 1: A Chilling Discovery

It was a bright and sunny day in the beautiful, lush lands of Green Hill Zone. The ocean side reflected a magnificent sparkle from the sun's light as birds flew to and fro high up in the clear blue sky. In the midst of the landscape, an orange, two-tailed fox beamed across the ground with an anxious but determined look.

"I gotta get to Sonic quick! Eggman's on his way to steal the master emerald!" Tails exclaimed to himself.

He upped his pace and took flight, desperately scouting the hills and valleys for any sign of his blue hedgehog friend. "He's usually around here somewhere" he groaned, becoming slightly frustrated from fatigue and the valuable time he was wasting, "I told him to be prepared and what does he do? Go and disappear! He hasn't even responded to the calls I sent a few hours ago, this isn't like him..." 

Just as he was about to attempt another call, he noticed a familiar blue figure standing near a waterfall and blew a sigh of relief. "Oh thank chaos- Sonic! I've been looking all over for you!" Tails shouted in joy with a sliver of quickly fading anger, "We've gotta get to Angel Island fast!" "Knuckles told me Eggman was launching an attack and- and..."

the fox trailed off after landing and noticing something rather odd about Sonic. Their fur was a tad bit darker and slightly more rugged than usual. The waist was slimmer and their rear was considerably plumper and rounder.

("Is this even Sonic? As far as I know, there's only one blue hedgehog around her- is... is that blood?) Tails thought in slight shock from examining their scratched up gloves who had patches of bright red liquid dripping down the fingertips. The fox began to tense up as countless scenarios ran through his head,

had he been injured?

Did someone try to attack him?

...Did he try to hurt someone? "S-Sonic?" he spoke softly, his breath becoming shakier as the anticipation for a response grew ever more agitating.

Suddenly, the hedgehog (who's previous attention was centered on the waterfall) quickly turned around to face Tails as their darkened, piercing, red eyes stared directly into his, holding a resemblance of two bright spots in a pitch black area. The fox recoiled, taking a few steps back as a look of fright sprung across his face, his eyes rapidly twitching back and forth from witnessing Sonic's bizarre appearance.

Sonic cracked a large, sinister grin, revealing their yellowed, razor sharp teeth, dripping with blood leaking from their eyes.

Totally petrified, Tails could only stare, nearly on the cusp of freaking out in his attempt to comprehend the many drastic changes all at once. Relishing in the fox's ever apparent fear, the hedgehog snarled a devious laugh that echoed throughout the hills. In mere moments, they lashed towards Tails with a blood curdling bellow.

Immediately coming to his senses, Tails raised both arms in defense as seconds before impact...

everything went black.

The same chilling, evil laugh that Sonic cackled surrounded his every direction. He stood frozen in place, unable to move not even an inch of muscle as if he was completely paralyzed. His heartbeat lessened second after second, feeling a breezing ,pacifying sensation surrounding his mind and body like a thick fog as he desperately fought his closing eyes. The last thing he heard before passing out were the whispered, fragmented words.

"Wₐₙₜ ₜₒ ₚₗₐᵧ ₐ 𝓰ₐₘₑ?"

————————————————————————
Word count: 582
————————————————————————