Break Down

As the truck pulls up to the reservation center the two of them are singing loudly with both windows down waving their hands out the windows acting like this is the best day ever. Well in fact so far it has been. Lisa puts the truck in park as they jump out skipping towards the door of this little building.

"So, lake time after we check in?" Sam looks at Lisa and bites her lip while shaking her head up and down.

"Let's get into the cabin first. I need to change if we plan on being seem." She uses air quotes as she says the word seen. As she grabs the door handle it swings open and an older frumpy looking gentleman is standing there scowling at the two ladies.

"Can I help you?" He looks down at them as he spits off to the left of them. Both ladies curl up their lip and look up at him with a disgusted look on their faces.

"Uh, yeah we have a reservation at cabin 4. We are here to check in." Lisa tries to fix her face but she is getting more and more grossed out by the second.

"Ah, yes, Mrs. Smith." He turns to head back inside as they two ladies follow.

"Just Miss." Lisa corrects him as he shoots her a dirty look. He hands her the keys to the cabin as he plops down into his chair behind an old wooden desk covered in papers.

"Check out is at 10AM Monday. Any later and we charge $100 for every hour you are late returning the keys." He places his feet up on a stack of papers then pulls out a small flask from the top drawer taking a long sip.

"Got it!" Lisa grabs Sam by the arm pulling her out of the shack and back to the truck.

"Please tell me that the cabin is better than the impression I'm getting right now." Sam looks over at Lisa with her brow furrowed.

"I hope. All I have seen is pictures. The last thing I need is a crappy cabin to ruin this weekend." Lisa jumps into the truck slamming the door.

They pull out on to the main road heading down to the cabin. As they pick up speed they hear a loud POP then a hissing noise.

"What the hell was that?" Sam leans out the window and motions for Lisa to pull over. "Damn it! We got a flat." She leans back into the truck and slumps back into the seat.

"Just what we needed right now. I don't have my spare with me. I bet we picked something up in that parking lot at cranky asse's place." She places the truck in park on the side of the road. Grabbing her phone she tosses it on the dash.

"Of course we have no signal out here!" She lays her head on the steering wheel and scowls under her breath.

"Hey, it's ok. I'll head back in the direction we came from and when I get a signal I'll call for help." Sam jumps out of the truck and starts walking back down the road.

"Don't get kidnapped." Lisa leans out the driver door hollering after her friend.

Sam was walking down the road holding her phone in he air trying to get a signal. She wasn't paying much attention when a car honks at her, as she was crossing over the white line onto the road. She snaps her eyes down and sees a black suv coming at her. The lady looked panicked that she was going to hit Sam. As she got closer the car slowed to a stop and the passenger window rolled down and there was a little girl sitting there playing on a phone and an elderly woman sitting in the driver seat.

"Are you lost hun?" She says to her trying to get Sam's attention.

"Uh, no. My friend and me are heading to a cabin we rented for the weekend and we got a flat. But unfortunately there is no service up here on this road. I'm trying to call the insurance to get someone to come fix the tire." Sam throws her hands up in exasperation.