One Step Closer

"That was amazing!" Sam states as she sets the plate down on the table in front of her. The five of them had decided to eat out on the patio, as the weather was beautiful.

"I told you girls his barbeque was the best." Val exclaims from her right.

Lisa was still finishing her food, not wanting to be stuffed if she was going to be jolted around in the hills. Ava had set her plate down a few minutes ago and was already yawning and rubbing her eyes. She jumps down out of her chair and climbs up into Jeremy's lap, laying her head against his chest.

"Getting tired monkey?" He looks down at her kissing the top of her head. She nods her head in reply as she yawns again, much louder this time.

"Why don't you get her ready for bed, honey. Me and the girls can clean up." Val goes to stand up grabbing the plates on the table.

He stands up holding onto Ava as she wraps her little arms around him. "Alright. I'll be back in a bit." He turns to Lisa with a smirk as he walks back inside the house.

"No rush, sweetie. Just bring yours in when you have finished." Val says to Lisa as she walks into the house with Sam on her heel.

Lisa sets her plate in her lap as she takes a deep breath. Pulling out her phone she brings up the camera as she checks her face. Wiping under her eyes she tries to fix the make up beginning to smudge. She closes it and sets it down on the table as she grabs her plate and walks back into the house.

"I'm really surprised at how much she has taken to you. She is normally shy around new people." Val was speaking to Sam as they were washing the dishes in the sink.

"Sam has a way with kids. It always makes my heart melt seeing her with kids." Lisa walks up next to Sam and bumps her with her hip as she places her dishes down on the counter. "How can I help?"

"Can you go out and make sure we didn't leave anything? We don't want any unwanted furry critters." She laughs as she turns back to the soapy dishes in her hands.

Lisa walks out onto the deck looking around for anything that was left behind. Nothing seems to be there so she steps over to the railing placing her arms down on the wood. There was a gentle breeze in the air blowing her hair all around. She had no idea how long she was there, but it must have been a while, because she is startled as two arms are wrapped around her waist. She jumps and jerks her right arm backward elbowing them in the gut.

"Ooof, easy now." Jeremy takes a step back rubbing his side as Lisa turns around realizing whom it was. Red was racing over her face followed by the heat of embarrassment.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry. Its just instinctual." She rushes over to his side placing her hand over his against his side.

"Damn, do I need to wear pads around you now?" He chuckles as he grabs her hand pulling her into his arms.

"No! I'm really, really sorry!" Lisa was doing her best to not loose her shit as his arms wrapped around her back.

"It's fine. I should have made some noise and not scared you." He was rubbing his hands up and down her back as the sliding door slid open with Val and Sam still lost in some conversation.

"Ahem!" Val fake cleared her throat as Jeremy pulls back from Lisa in a split second, turning to the chair he was sitting in earlier. "So I hear you want to gallivant into the hills with the sun going down?" Val eyes her son with her eyebrow raised.

"Yea, just a quick trip. I wanna show her the spot." He looks back at his mom as he takes a drink out of the cup on the table next to him.

"You need to be mindful, its getting cooler at night, bringing the animals down." Val leans back in her chair looking from him to Lisa. Lisa shoots her eyes to her friend trying to avoid the protective mom gaze she was receiving.

"I know, mom. We won't be gone long." He downs the last of his drink then stands to take the glass inside.

Sam looks over at Lisa who was doing the best to hide her face behind her right hand. She had no idea why she was feeling so embarrassed, but it was burning under her skin.

Val turns her eyes over to Sam as she shifts in her seat to be facing her. "So I guess that just leaves us here."

"Yes, I guess it does." Sam leans toward her and raises an eyebrow as they both turn their heads toward Lisa who was shifting uncomfortably in her chair.

Jeremy steps back out onto the porch wiping his hands on the front of his pants. Lisa's eyes drift over watching him, not realizing her friend was watching her. Sam and Val bust out laughing together as Lisa and Jeremy both look at them then back to each other. He had a confused look on his face as he watches Lisa try to seep down into the chair.

"What did I miss?" He motions between them.

"Nothing sweetheart. Go have some fun, just don't be out too late." She motions with her hands for them to shoo off. "And take the walkie!" She calls after them as they step around the porch to the front of the house.

"We don't have to go if this is causing issues." Lisa whispers as they step down the front steps.

He slips his left hand in her back pocket pulling her closer to him as he leans down to her. "No, she is just trying to embarrass me, but she forgets I don't get embarrassed like I used to when I was a kid. I'm maul you in front of her just to make her be the one embarrassed."

He pulls her into the garage pulling his hand out of her pocket, twisting her around. He picks her up by the waist placing her on the back of the ATV, sliding between her legs. Running his hands up her legs she could feel the goose bumps under her jeans. Placing a hand through his hair she grasps a handful pulling his head up level with hers. His eyes were darkening as she pulls his face toward her.

"You keep this up and we won't make it out of this garage." He growls under his breath.

"Would that be so bad?" She looks into his eyes now full with lust.

"I'm not sure you want them hearing you scream my name." He laughs as he kisses her on the lips pushing her back onto the seat. His right hand was running up between her legs, stopping to rub his palm against her middle causing friction. She breaks the kiss slightly to let out a quiet moan as her eyes rolled back into her head.

"Oh fuck." She whispers out.

He pulls back from her standing back up. "Come on, let's go see this view." He holds out his hand as she grabs it and jumps off the back.